Sign in to follow this  
Don t moderate me this way

General installation order and installation settings

Hi all!

Just bought another(!) two ORBX addon airports (Felts and Jefferson County) and have a few issues with both of them:

- KSFF (on top of NRM): white bushes (long grass?) beside the runway which stay white throughout the year (season doesn't matter)

- 0S9 (on top of PNW): Café/Restaurant missing; people sit at tables which have no legs (talking of the tables, lol!), on a veranda with NO 'Goose' café behind them

Chances are, I screwed up the installations.

My understanding of installing ORBX scenery so far has been:

- install regions from default scenery. That is, when installing further regions, I have to switch scenery in FTX Central to 'default' again before starting the further region installation

- install region patches into activated regions. That is, switch FTX Central to the appropriate region, before applying the corresponding patch

- same with addon airports: activate corresponding region first, before installing airport.

- install airport patches after that (corresponding region activated)

- install latest ORBXLIBS on top of that all.

Did I get something wrong or did I miss any steps?

Thanks for bothering!!

Oliver,

Hi. Have you tried switching FTX central to default, and back to North America, restarting FSX each time? Are you getting error messages?

Kind regards,

Stephen!

If nobody else cares about me and my problems, you're still by my side ...

Yep, before switching regions in FTX Central I shut my FSX down. Then FTX Central up/switch/down, then restarting FSX.

On these three installations (latest PNW Patch, the two airports), I never had an error message. Starting and closing the airport CPs didn't bring up an error message, either. I could change options in the CPs that were accepted, too. New options appeared when reopening the CPs.

My own best guess is, I still forgot one of those FTX Central switches in between. Probably I will have to go through the installations again, thoroughly watching my own steps ...

Thanks for assisting; I'll report back here in a couple of hours!

Yup I think you are wise to back step and reinstall.

Strange that you would get what "sounds" like texture corruption, but with FTX it is so rare, if ever... 

Maybe load PNW patch, start FSX in default, shut down, switch to NA, restart FSX, load default flight and fly for few seconds, shut down, switch back to default, and repeat with each airport, then assess. A lot of work, especially when installing several dozen at a time! :)

Let us know!

There's no such thing as a partial all-clear, is there, lol?

My problem is very specific and user-induced as I manually changed the dll.xml some time ago in an attempt to trouble-shoot issues with a non-ORBX addon. That was the time when I deleted all my ORBX objectflow.dlls' entries there - among others.

Trying to get it all up and running again with the help of Tim Harris on the ORBX forums.

Will keep you posted - so far it looks like I created my issues all by myself ...

The good news is that if anyone can help you with an ORBX installation, probably Tim Harris can.

The bad news is that if Tim Harris can't help you with an ORBX installation, probably no one can.

Let us know how it goes!

Kind regards,

(...)

Strange that you would get what "sounds" like texture corruption, but with FTX it is so rare, if ever...

(...)

Let us know!

You definitely scored here, Stephen - even twice!

1) 'texture corruption' turned out to be a "blocked" objectflow (objectflow DOES control natureflow, for example - bushes, grass and trees ...)

2) It's so rare with FTX 'cause hardly any flightsimmer uses AV software CheckPoint/ZoneLabs/ZoneAlarm anymore. ORBX was another expert to recommend getting it off my rig - this time it tipped the scales.

Issues were specific to my (rare) configuration. I should have known better before these new issues arose. Reporting this back to the ORBX forum was the hardest part of my troubleshooting ... :blush: