Sign in to follow this  
calooom

Computer Case Reccomendations

I'm looking at building a new rig in preparation for the 777 and have chosen all of the components I require for the new build. However, I'm really struggling on which computer case to buy (if I even need to).

I currently have a fantastic Casecom 6788, but after doing some research, for what I'm going to purchase, a slightly bigger case wouldn't be a bad thing.

I don't really have any idea where to begin looking. I've done a bit of research, but nothing seems conclusive or completely out of my price range.

I'm looking at spending roughly £50 - £70 on a case.

Any good suggestions will be muchly appreciated :D

Thanks.

The only two things you should consider when buying a case are...

1) Good air flow

2) Cable management (helps good air flow)

Almost all contemporary mid-to-high-end cases have features that help with both (include multiple fans, removable side access covers, enough room behind the motherboard, etc).

So, it then comes down to aesthetics, noise and if a particular case can house all of your components with enough room for good air flow (positive, negative, push-pull, etc).

The Carbide series is nice, I've actually heard better things about the model just below the 300R, the 200R.  

I have the Cooler Master HAF XB LAN test box and couldn't be happier. Its not a traditional  tower case. It has great airflow characteristics, a removable motherboard tray, hot swap drive bays, and can accommodate a massive 200mm case fan.