Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

FS9.1 -- Have autogen objects plus great framerates...

I already posted this in another thread but after adjusting these settings and flying around all weekend I'm really impressed I no longer have an autogen/framerate problem. With Version 9.1 of FS2k4 having full autogen still causes a decrease in framerates over large cities. Although the memory leak is fixed (I believe) it seems the light poles, power lines, and billboards still bring down framerates. I've found a way to keep all the add-on scenery and still have great framerates. The solution is simple, decrease the density of the problem objects and keep everything else as it should be. You'll still see your billboards from time to time but the hit all this extra scenery causes won't bring down performance of the sim.Here's how it's done...Go into you 'terrain.cfg' file and look for lines that contain the problem child

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Kurt

The .bmp files are in the SceneryGenerictexture folder. Most are already formatted as dxt1, although you could downsize them.Kurt M

Then that may be the key (downsize the files). What specific files relate to the billboard signs, light poles, and power lines???

FS2020 

The files are in the scenery/generic/texture folder.Light pole and billboard: ag_signsag_signs_lmPowerlines:gen_powertower01gen_powertower01_lmcheers,Claudio

Thanks...

FS2020 

I just looked at the files and I would say their as low as they can (or should) go at this point... Looks like my suggestion above is the best going right now if you want to keep all your autogen...

FS2020