Sign in to follow this  
Panxua1

ADF Frequency

Happy Pilots, good evening...

A small worry about TBM 850 PFD.

I see that we can track any NDB - provided, however, we find the trick to tune the right frequency.

Up to now, I have proven unable to find the right toggle.

Any help, please ?

The ADF radio is optional equipment on this airplane - it would appear that this option is not included..

The DME softkey on the PFD is a DME/ADF key if the radio is installed.

If you really need it for local navigation, I would suggest installing a default FSX ADF radio

in a popup window.  Try using the one from the Baron, for example.

Bert

May you give me some indications to do this?

I want to put an ADF radio both to the B58 and to th TBM850

Thanks,

Pelayo

The ADF radio is optional equipment on this airplane - it would appear that this option is not included..

The DME softkey on the PFD is a DME/ADF key if the radio is installed.

If you really need it for local navigation, I would suggest installing a default FSX ADF radio

in a popup window.  Try using the one from the Baron, for example.

The B58 does not have an ADF gauge... so a radio would not help you much.. unless you create a popup window with a radio and a gauge in it.. The TBM has an ADF gauge on the PDF, so there, only a radio would be required. If you know how to edit panel.cfg files, you would add a WindowXX with a default ADF radio in it, and use a shift-n key combination to pop it up.

Example:

[Window07]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=2,2,2
size_mm=156, 38
position=8
visible=0
ident=RADIO_STACK_PANEL

gauge00=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF,  0, 0

Bert

On the other hand, I felt the same you mentioned when starting flying the TBM: it is absoluty imposible to fly it. I am doing it better now but basically using the AP. In manual mode I finally can land in the rwy... most of the times :biggrin:  For me a key thing is to do corrections with very litlle movement just to avoid overshooting and then loosing the control of the yoke.

@pelayogon,

She is actually a very demanding aircraft. I implemented Bert's mods in the air file which do improve her general behavior, in particular as far as roll is concerned. Final approach at the right speed is a real challenge. But after some tens of hours flying, I succeeded yesterday evening in managing a missed approach procedure entirely by hand. The suggested ADF fix works fine.

Yes Panxua, she is very demanding but she has turned into the apple of my eye in the hangar. I like small aricrafts but usually miss more speed in cruising and the TBM is maneurable and fast at the same time, so I love her.

I am trying to fly it with the standard configuration and I think I have improved quite a lot from last weeks. Take offs and landings are still critical but taking into account that, in my opinion, is critical no to 'overdrive', things are running smoother.

I also like to fly by hand (althoug using the AP HDG and AP ALT for cruising phase) as I am having some problmes with the NAV mode and the G1000 in approaches.

Pelayo

(P.S. Sorry for my English)

On 21/07/2013 at 8:50 AM, Bert Pieke said:

The B58 does not have an ADF gauge... so a radio would not help you much.. unless you create a popup window with a radio and a gauge in it.. The TBM has an ADF gauge on the PDF, so there, only a radio would be required. If you know how to edit panel.cfg files, you would add a WindowXX with a default ADF radio in it, and use a shift-n key combination to pop it up.

Example:

[Window07]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=2,2,2
size_mm=156, 38
position=8
visible=0
ident=RADIO_STACK_PANEL

gauge00=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF,  0, 0

Hi Bert!!

I'm kind of novice so I need some assistance..

I was able to locate panel.cfg of TBM 850 and pasted the [Window07] section you suggested.

At first, shift+7 combination popped-up a windows with switches and knobs operation instruction.

Then I made the same edits with [Window08] heading instead.

This time Prepar3d gave me the following User Tip: No panel is mapped to Panel 8 Key combination (SHIFT+8). 

I also would appreciate more detailed instructions on how to  create a popup window with a radio and a gauge in it for a baron...

Thanks in advance..  

2017-2-25_17-7-47-165 (Medium).bmp

If you have the Saitek Radio Panel the ADF can be tuned using it. I then select ADF in the Bearing 2 window on the PFD.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit