So, I'm getting the first of two GTX780s tomorrow, and I was just wondering if there was any worth reinstalling FSX after I redo my drivers and all that good stuff?
If someone could help me out with how I should go about switching GPUs, that would be awesome :)

Cheers,

Aamir

Aamir Thacker

It's up to you, really.  If your O.S. is stable, going from one NVidia GPU to another will not require a reload.  I'm re-loading for my 780 only because I want to do comparison tests with FSX @ stock with the 680 vs the 780.  

Edit: on second thought, I think I'll save the Windows reload until I decide what to do about Haswell.  No sense reloading a perfectly good installed O.S. if I'm not having issues...

Ah well, I guess I'll just unload FSX and clean up my well bloated sim folder  :P 
And my computer has been off for about a couple of weeks so I reset the BIOS, need to re-OC that i7 3770K tomorrow as well. Ah so much to do, sounds like a fun day ahead!  :lol:

Aamir Thacker

It depends on how many addons you have. For me, reinstalling FSX is bnot an option.  . That's why I do disk image copy so I can restore everything. IF I have to reinstall, I may as well build a new PC (new MB, CPU and Memory)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

It depends on how many addons you have. For me, reinstalling FSX is bnot an option.  . That's why I do disk image copy so I can restore everything. IF I have to reinstall, I may as well build a new PC (new MB, CPU and Memory)

Eh, I have a decent amount of patience. Should keep me busy until my new toy arrives! :wub:  

Aamir Thacker

Eh, I have a decent amount of patience. Should keep me busy until my new toy arrives! :wub:  

Exactly.  I've got a ludicrous amount of add-ons as well but I'll reload just to get a definitive comparison and really see the benefits of my upgrade.