Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

AOTD for 5/28/13 - Little Beacon

Today's aerocache takes us north on the Atigun River.

Enjoy.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

There are three bridges on the river that are barely high enough to get a rowboat under. On the way back I made many attempts before I made it under the first one with an RV6-A and decided to not attempt the remaining two. Let us know how you made out Luis!

Blue skies & tailwinds,

-Alan

Thanks for the hint. B)

At Chandalar Shelf about to take off.

Beacon_01_zps97d87809.jpg

The Atigun Pass.

Beacon_02_zpse71a8eb1.jpg

First bridge in sight.

Beacon_03_zps64306146.jpg

Made it!

Another bridge. :blink:

Beacon_04_zpsfac4b7a7.jpg

Really close, but I made it.

Great scenery, love this area.

Beacon_05_zpsd5868671.jpg

I never saw the third bridge, but don't regret missing it. These were very tight fits. :O

I made it under them thanks to the fat tundra tires on the Cub that allowed me to skim the surface of the water. Like here at Galbraith Lake.

Beacon_06_zps9ccb3aba.jpg

Parked looking at a very small beacon tower. This has got to be a bug. It can't be that small. Anybody got the chart with obstructions?

Beacon_07_zps60594c44.jpg

Best regards.

Luis

Interesting flight. Picked up the aerocache on base, turned a very short finial and was down on the runway. Parked on the ramp looking for the next job going out.

Steve

Glad you like my Aerocache.

Discovered this place while flying along the Dalton Highway from Fairbanks to Deadhorse.

Best visual experience for this route is at dusk  with Low and Threatening weather theme.

Good job Heimi, thanks. I have now submitted 16 aerocache's so far with a couple more almost ready. I think 6 have come out so far in the game. I spend way too much time searching for that "different" location. But that is half the fun. I just wish that the Devs had had time to spread a few more "odd things" around for us to find.

Steve