Sign in to follow this  
cagrikartal

Continuing the NLS A380?

(yes, Luke, there will be a 777 release - some day ...)

Noooo it won't  <_<  :lol:

I think Luke would simply settle for another 777 screenshot at this point Ollie lol

Chris Sunseri

I think Luke would simply settle for another 777 screenshot at this point Ollie lol

That screenie would make Luke settle for maybe a couple of minutes. PMDG would be back to square one after that, lol!   :lol:

thats all they got done since 2007?

It's a shame that this project can't continue, but it would've been wise to contact PMDG directly instead of creating a topic here.

This is a decision that PMDG should make, and PMDG only.

Just my point of view.

I think it is pretty safe to say PMDG won't be picking this project up. They might but it just doesn't seem to be their way of doing things at all. Aerosoft on the other hand I think would be the most likely contender - or fslabs perhaps.

Rich

Thanks for the heads up. I had not noticed this before.

Really a shame. I thought the project showed some merit. At least visually.

As for PMDG picking the A380 up. That is not likely, I think. The programmer will not reveal any source code, which is understandable. But that leaves not much more than a 3D model of the VC and aircraft. This might not even be on par with recent products, as NLS was in the process of reworking some parts of it.

There is just not much to go on and it would be much easier to start all over. I would love if someone like PMDG made an A388. It's a huge, complex beast and one of my favorite aircraft. There is less than a hand full of developers who is able to tackle such a monster with all of its systems. Aerosoft is not one of them.

Airbus Industries and the advising RW pilots seem to be the 'bottlenecks' to me.

Too few pilots on the A380 IRL - and those are probably, on average, less interested in assisting flightsim projects than those pilots on other types.

(Easier to do an A320 ...   :P )

What about merging your work with an existing airbus 380? Project airbus example. Does it have FMC? in the below you tube movie it looks a complete VC but i can see a note saying it does not represent the final product.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

That screenie would make Luke settle for maybe a couple of minutes. PMDG would be back to square one after that, lol!   :lol:

For a second, I was like - RIGHHTTT, OKAAYY, ITS LIKE THAT IS IT? Then realised it's completely true  :lol:

Aye - correct!  :P but, only guaranteed to settle one for 54 minutes at 44 seconds! 

That video is quite interesting, NLS seemed to have the cameras for the aircraft up in the cockpit displays, never seen 3d pilots before looks pretty good cool. Shame it got canceled.

I'd love to experience either the A380 or the B787 in my FSX. Still hope for the 787 ...   B)

QW 787?...