Sign in to follow this  
Hirdy2013

My tip for avoiding OOM's

For what it's worth, here is my tip to avoid OOM.

Run a registery checker (i use CC Cleaner) prior to running the Sim, then load your sim up, I fire up in this order:

1. AS2012

2. FSX (load from the desktop icon or start menu, not from AS2012)

3. TrackIR

When the sim is loaded select your aircraft, start airport and time/season then fly now. Let the sim load up and once done exit flight sim.

Then reload as below:

1. FSX (Load from the AS2012 button)

2. When the sim is loaded select your aircraft, start airport and time/season then fly now. (You may need to reload TrackIR as it likes to disconnect on the second load up)

3. Go fly

I used to experience OOM's all the time when I loaded up and flew. Now I'm not saying this is the fix but I will say that with reloading the sim a second time I don't get any OOM's. I use ORBX, AS2012, TrackIR with EZDOK, All FlyTampa, FSDT, WingCreation, PacSim, FlightBeam, 29Palms airports. PMDG, Carenado, Aerosoft, Milviz aircraft etc, Traffic 30% with 10% GA, LOD 5.5 and sliders almost all to the right.

Just give it a try and hopefully it works for you.

Interesting observation, perhaps others can confirm.  I use AS2012 on a second computer and notice when I initially startup the sims seems to hang forever on 6% then loads up.  If I get a crash and start up a second time it seems to load really quickly but I have not really observed what you are suggesting.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

In addition to the OP, try this fix - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947246.  I was reminded of this fix by B247NG.  This tweak increases the heap limitations.  FSX has a lot of programs running in the background (and so does Windows).  I had this one employed for some time but had to reinstall Windows 7 and FSX and I started seeing a lot of OOM's (or the FSUIPC OOM warning was dinging almost as soon as I started up FSX).  I had forgotten about the fix until B247NG recommended it.  Ran this fix and no more problems.  It should be a mandatory install for everyone who uses FSX.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I simply went to DX10 after reading a lot of positive posts about doing so here. Been a week with out any OOMs or CTDs. Before now I've never been able to finish a a PMDG flight longer than an hour or so.

I also use CCleaner, great little program

@LeeL Programs that clean up your system from leftover programs and clean your registry are great and eliminate a lot of problems.  I totally agree!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10