Sign in to follow this  
oktorn777

Skipping 747

Guest TerryT

After installing the update patch, I have noticed while taxiing for departure at KSEA in one of the "Default" FS2004 747s, the nose gear hops like a rabbit. This happens at speeds under 20 knots as I seemed to have read where 20-25 knots is max taxi speed.Anyway, has this "Always" been a problem and I am now just noticing it or is there a problem with the patch in the way it reads elevation? Some places on the ramp here in ABQ causes a similar problem as if the aircraft is "Off" the paved surface.Terry

Guest CargoMun

I think it might happen mostly when you are near airports with large elevation differences such as mountains i.e Alaska, Canada nearby.Something to do with the mesh elevation reloading in background is my guess.Yes it happens alot in pre-patch FS9 too. Especially when cycling through tower view and back to cockpit/spot view.Think of it as placing a huge object on a coffee table, the cups will jump as well i guess :)

Guest TerryT

Thanks for the reply.I still get some skip at ABQ but then it is a third party scenery too. The skip at SEA seems to be gone, at least today. I changed the FS2004 cfg file from 19 to 21 as per the instructions under the FAQ for the patch. maybe this helped the program resolve the elevation problems.Terry

so why can't the let the elevation data loaded when changing views? Why do textures get blurry when changing views and have to be reloaded, when having 1 gig ram? Why do elevation data and textures not get loaded BEFORE coming into sight distance if plenty of ram available? These are the very, very basics of a good 3d-engine, but microsoft didn't manage to solve until today. Astonishing, its the same engine like in Fs2002 but they didn't fix it...Man I hope those guys take there time with Fs2006 and get rid of all the BASIC flaws still remaining in the sim. Sometimes I wonder why they have so long to correct things...Not enough man-power? Where's the restriction? I don't know the FS-team at all, but looking at their product, they don't seem to be completely devoted to flight simming and handle it more like a normal job... The only way I can explain such flaws.yes my aircraft jump like crazy too. And almost everywhere. Very annoying.:(cheers,Claudio