Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

FTX Global Who is Gonna Buy!

Hi everyone. I just have  a quick question. Last I heard FTX Global is planned to release in June and I am wondering how many of you are planning on buying this product immediately or in the future. With the 777 about to be released it will be attractive to fly to some new areas that in the past may have been lacking some proper scenery coverage. Your thoughts and opinions, Please! By the way. I am planning on buying it.  :lol:

EDIT: Sorry guys. I had two tabs open and posted in the wrong forum. This was intended for the FSX forum. If mods would be so kind to move it. 

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Depends, how much will it cost?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I'm there day one.

Have all their scenery and airports. Just a satisfied customer really and can't wait for FTXG. Also the regular upgrade packs makes it even more attractive. We will get some great scenery in parts of the world that traditionally have been left untouched by developers.

If this is a good product, I will by all means by it. I've been waiting for something that covers the entire world for a loooooooong time. Currently, it really makes me not want to fly internationally to regions I do not have scenery for. I hope the download is like 50GBs lol.

MegaSceneryEarth should do something similar, their products look nice.

Think i'll wait to see how it goes, I rarely buy a product on day 1  anymore.

They mentioned a price of around $100 for the initial release on their forum a while back. I'm not sure if it has since changed, though. I likely won't be getting it as the price is a bit high for what they are actually doing.

MegaSceneryEarth should do something similar, their products look nice.

It would be an absolutely insane task to do similar with photo scenery. Not to mention the filesize would be massive. Likely hundreds of GBs for quality imagery covering the globe (if that were even possible). I suspect FTX Global won't be too big of a download with initial release since they are only changing the landclass textures and autogen. Maybe only a few GBs. When they, as planned, start changing airfields, adding photoreal backgrounds to certain areas over time, the file size will definitely increase.

Brandon Filer

I am ok (for the most part) with my FTX regions, no need to make the rest of the world look that way for now. I spend more than 1/2 my sim time over photor4eal scenery, much with custom autogen, instead of FTX regions.

Best, Michael

KDFW

Interesting responses. There have been tons of previews which are a very good indication of the quality. I have photo scenery that covers all of the US plus FTX Australia all regions. I own most of the NA versions as well but also prefer photo scenery. I have been only using the NGX so I more or less have stayed in the US. Now that PMDG is updating the Queen and releasing the 777 I have renewed interest in flying to other places in the world. The downside of flying to other parts of the world, other than Europe which I have UTX and GEX to cover, is that the default FSX us awful. I look forward to a marriage of these products. 

Mike Keigley

Won't be day one, but I will be getting it.

Price is just right if you think about it. As long as they support it after you buy the pack they will update it. Add more and more detail all the time.

Win for me cause I have a phobia of flying over default areas and I imagine I will be doing a lot more exploring even if it isn't 100% accurate. I could care less. I just want some nice looking areas for a change.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

Seems I posted this on the wrong forum and the post went missing, my fault. The Mods were kind enough to resurrect the topic. The conversation was just getting going and I would like to hear more feedback from the community. 

Mike Keigley

When is it spose to come out?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I might buy it but probably not on day 1. I would like to see more "demo" videos and/or feedback on what people are saying about it the first few weeks. I also am curious as to how the support will be and the timing on future upgrades (free or pay).

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD