Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

FTX Global Who is Gonna Buy!

For me, scenery coverage is more than textures. Since the product doesn't include any vector data or accurate landclass, it doesn't interest me as a VFR flier.

From what I've read, they're planning on releasing such a product in the future. Until then, I'll stick with my FTX regions and photo scenery.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Likely hundreds of GBs for quality imagery covering the globe (if that were even possible).

More like several terabytes. With just a quick estimate, MegasceneryEarth should break 1 terabyte no problem with the entire US coverage.

I only fly in Europe and since I purchased Orbx England I don't end or start my flights anywhere else, so to get FTX style textures all over the rest of the world, it's a day 1 purchase for me.

I'll buy when relased for sure. :rolleyes: I have already started pimping up the rest of the world with UTX where it covers and will be looking into other landclass products for the rest of the world. Also have invested in more international airports around the globe and other nice sceneries. I'm ready to go Global anytime B)

BTW, is there any good payware landclass products for Asia and Africa?

I'll be buying it absolutely no doubt......but it won't be Day 1.

I'll be waiting to see what reaction it gets in reviews and more from users in their "own backyards" and with similar specs to mine re performance.

The massive increase in autogen that FTX Global clearly brings has to have a substantial performance hit that might bring my system to its knees....despite their claims to the contrary.

I so hope i'm wrong and that it perform like a dream.

Regards

Steve

When is it spose to come out?

The last thing I read they are aiming for a release in mid-June, was it June 13 or 15?

I'll most likely buy it, but definitely not on day 1, because I'll have a lot of exams in June, then I'll be off working away form home, so perhaps in September, unless it gets loads of bad reviews (though I really doubt that).

After I read that all the conflict problems with other regions, products etc (what I call the "FTX Central Nightmare") is resolved, I'd probably go for it.

I was really up to buying FTX Global until few days ago when they started posting Greece screenshots and videos. Autogen is awesome but ground textures are waaaay off, Greece never looked so green lol. I don't have a clue why they didn't just overhaul that desert like texture set that appear in Greece/Spain instead of paint the whole areas in lush green.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

The massive increase in autogen that FTX Global clearly brings has to have a substantial performance hit that might bring my system to its knees....despite their claims to the contrary.

You could counter that by lowering autogen settings....if needed. I don't struggle with FTX regions autogen and when flying GA I can have Extremely dense settings and still maintain 30 FPS most of the time.

How will FTX Global compare to GEX, the way I understood it they pretty much do the same thing?

Richard Åsberg

How will FTX Global compare to GEX, the way I understood it they pretty much do the same thing?

If you go to their forums there's plenty of screenshots. I personally think the FTXGlobal textures look way better than GEX , expecially the mountain textures..and you get the whole world covered + that it will evolve continiously and get better and better, new textures added etc

Here's an example from Nepal that shows mountain textures:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/58890-ftx-global-cairo-and-the-himalayas/

All wait or just pass on it as photoreal is what prefer and add my own landmarks. All wait for reviews and see if it will cause scenery conflicts.