Sign in to follow this  
captain420

random BEX (CTD) errors

I haven't played FSX (Acceleration) lately but I since I have started back I am face with random CTD during flights. It happens randomly, I can never complete a flight. This is when using PMDG 737NGX SP1c or whatever the latest version is. The error I get is a BEX error when the crash window shows up. I'm not sure what's causing this. It happens with nvidia drivers 314 and now that I have updated to 320 it still crashes randomly, though not as often. I'm not sure if its a driver issue. I kind of remember using the nvidia drivers prior to 314 that I didn't get these issues if my memory serves me right.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate. My computer specs are i7-3770k OC to 4.5Ghz, 16GB Ram, EVGA GTX 680 FTW (4GB). I have FSX installed on E: Drive and not the default location as I'm aware that will give me problems in the long run. I have a lot of add ons, and 3rd party stuff installed. But they all seem to work fine before. I have installed sweetfx, accufeel, ezdok camera, winchx, opusfsx, rex, utx, gex, ultimate traffic 2, and a few others I think. I want to avoid reinstalling everything from scratch at all costs as I have way too many aftermarket addons and aircrafts and that would take forever. Is there a way I can pinpoint exactly what this BEX error is and fix it without having to spend so much time tinkering with reinstalling and etc?

This is what the FSX crash window says:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Name: unknown

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: 00000251

Exception Code: c0000005

OS Version: 6.2.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Try this fix - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947246.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks I will look at this, but does this concern me since I have CTD and not OOM?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I haven't played FSX (Acceleration) lately but I since I have started back I am face with random CTD during flights. It happens randomly, I can never complete a flight. This is when using PMDG 737NGX SP1c or whatever the latest version is. The error I get is a BEX error when the crash window shows up. I'm not sure what's causing this. It happens with nvidia drivers 314 and now that I have updated to 320 it still crashes randomly, though not as often. I'm not sure if its a driver issue. I kind of remember using the nvidia drivers prior to 314 that I didn't get these issues if my memory serves me right.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate. My computer specs are i7-3770k OC to 4.5Ghz, 16GB Ram, EVGA GTX 680 FTW (4GB). I have FSX installed on E: Drive and not the default location as I'm aware that will give me problems in the long run. I have a lot of add ons, and 3rd party stuff installed. But they all seem to work fine before. I have installed sweetfx, accufeel, ezdok camera, winchx, opusfsx, rex, utx, gex, ultimate traffic 2, and a few others I think. I want to avoid reinstalling everything from scratch at all costs as I have way too many aftermarket addons and aircrafts and that would take forever. Is there a way I can pinpoint exactly what this BEX error is and fix it without having to spend so much time tinkering with reinstalling and etc?

This is what the FSX crash window says:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Name: unknown

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: 00000251

Exception Code: c0000005

OS Version: 6.2.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

I use to get this error.  I remember getting rid of it by removing an add on.  It was a while ago but I think it was Flight 1's Audio Environment - Airliner Ed.  There is a file that installs into the FSX cfg and exe.xml. I think if you remove it you will be fine, I just deleted the add on and it was fine after that.

Thanks I will look at this, but does this concern me since I have CTD and not OOM?

You received a BEX CTD (Buffer_Exception_Overrun).  It indicates (to me) that you have your settings set too high.  There is no faulting module.  There is no known "magic bullet" to fix BEX crashes.  It is something that has to be investigated by you.  For instance, what did you last install before this crash started happening?  Did you make any changes to your config settings (FSX, display driver, REX, OPUS, SweetFX)?  Did you try moving the SweetFX module to a temporary directory including the SweetFX .ini to see if this fixes the problem.  SweetFX is known to cause FSX CTD's if not configured correctly.  You could have your settings set too high and SweetFX configuration is just throwing your FSX over the edge. 

Running the module to fix the heap should be done in any case.  It will not harm your computer.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10