Sign in to follow this  

The New Virgin

Looking furher at Holgi's VA paint , it looks like he " forgot " a white layer of paint as the cream colour is basically the background colour in the paintkit and any photo's on the net are showing a nearly pure white paintscheme . Also cannot find the registration used in the VA fleet . I can only assume that the paint was made before the " sharklets " were oficially added or retro-fitted as I have only found one registration that actually has them .

There may be more aircraft that have the " sharklets " but having no luck in finding any ( high resolution photo's ) at the moment .

John

Very nicely done Darryl, great job !!

Adam

HP Omen Obelisk Gaming Computer, Intel Core i7-9700, Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 System Memory 4.7GHz 8 cores, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Graphics with 8GB GDDR6 memory, PSU 750 watts, 1TB hard drive, Samsung T7 2TB SSD, 512 GB SSD, WD 5TB HDD,  Logitech HOTAS X52 Pro Joystick, AOC 27" monitor,

Preview of a " Work in Progress " of a Virgin America with sharklets . Not happy with it yet and my first " sharklet " paint . Just spent some hours painting the sharklets only to discover that they changed the mapping in the final pain(t)kit . So here's N361VA " jersey girl " . Click on the image to preview .

John

Loving it...stunning repaint John, I'm sure it will be heavily down-loaded!

Preview of a " Work in Progress " of a Virgin America with sharklets . Not happy with it yet and my first " sharklet " paint . Just spent some hours painting the sharklets only to discover that they changed the mapping in the final pain(t)kit . So here's N361VA " jersey girl " . Click on the image to preview .

John

Darryl

Noticing some weird issus with the NEO paintkit with ther same colour showing differently in each fuselage section . Most pronounced in the aft section seen above .

Corrected the " stars " in the sharklets ( brought them in line ) although the topmost star is only a few pixels , so isn't even star shaped . Not happy with the Virgin America text either ( haven't found a decent example as eps or vector ) . Also need to add white edge to tailfin .

John

Some final shots of N361VA , finally got the alpha layers sorted and some minor changes made .

John

Wow...simply stunning John!!!  Available here or at Aerosoft?

Some final shots of N361VA , finally got the alpha layers sorted and some minor changes made .

John

Darryl

I'll keep it simple and just upload to Aerosoft as it seems to confuse some people as to where you can find repaints , although AVSIM isnt exactly unknown in the flightsim world !

John

Couldn't edit my previous post but have uploaded to Aerosoft .

John