Hi guys when I want ATIS information do I just tune into the freq displayed on the chart I have Once logged onto VATSIM? Does VATSIM use real world current weather? I have an app called aero weather which gives me the current winds, HPA, Temp etc for all airports including runways in use. There is no point in me using it if VATSIM doesn't just asking thanks Wayne.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Hi there,

If you want to check ATIS you have more than one opportunity. First you do it as you have written, or take the frequency from your SquawkBox or FSInn (in case an ATIS is online). Vatsim uses real weather, but it is recommanded to use external tools like Activesky because - when I am informed corretly - Vatsim is not able to get correct high-altitude winds. But winds to choose runway on ground and set baro should be the weather engine of your client enough. If you are seeking for a freeware option you can try the FSrealWX lite - read very good things about it.

Cheers!