Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

Couple of specific BBS A320 questions

Hey all,

I've been pretty critical of the BBS A320, but as I had not tried it since v0.5, I thought I would give the latest version a spin, to see how it's behaving.

It's not bad, but things like the sounds for the overhead switches etc are still very 'cheap' sounding, and could be so much better.

Okay, my first question;

In the BlackBox Simultion folder in the FSX root, there is a file called "Panel" and within that, there are some keyboard assignable commands, for the FCU, etc ......................... however, rather than appearing to accept actual keyboard commands, they seem to have a (coded?) series of numbers next to each command?

Is there any way to assign keyboard commands to these custom functions?.......... (I find the FCU controls really fiddly in this addon; especially the ALT knob! ........ and would like to assign some key commands to things like Heading -/+ and Altitude -/+).

....and my second question is even easier; Do the seatbelt and no smoking signs switches on the Overhead not work?

I looked at the BBS Facebook page, and fired off my question to BBS Support, although I've not yet had a reply. Thanks in advance.

[EDIT: I have now got the seatbelt signs switch working; the click spots are miles off!].

Are there A330 Sounds good, better than the A320.

There customer service seems "cheap" as they nether reply to any questions

Sorry for intercepting, Dave:

You're referring to BBS support and their Facebook page in the same sentence.

I checked their official forum some time ago to find out it's a quite place with some still unanswered topics.

Just wondering where their support is supposed to take place - no matter what the support quality may be?!?

Hi,

I sent my query about the keyboard commands via their email (zen) desk.

I just a received a reply stating that the 'codes' in the Panel doc are "for internal use only" at this time, as part of the SDK.

That's a shame for now, as with the AXE, I am able to use a LUA script for full keyboard commands of the aircraft, but this is not possible with the BBS, and it also does not accept FSUIPC Mouse Macros, so I guess at this time, it's a "mouse flyer only" aircraft.

AVSIM STAFF:    Now that we have an answer of this, please feel free to close this thread.

Actually, I have another question.........

Does anyone know where the SOUNDS, such as the 'switch' sound from the overhead, and the 'detent' sound when moving the throttles, are located?

I can't find them in the actual aircraft sound folder', not in the BlackBox Simulation folder, nor the main FSX Sound directory?

Tks!