Sign in to follow this  
Azone

GPU driver updates.

How many of you keep your Nvidia drivers up to date? I'm still running with a couple from last fall on my PCs.

Do you notice any difference with Flight?

I tried earlier to respond, but my keyboard decided to quit. After much effort in digging out an old keyboard and going through system restore's, deletion of files, cleaning up of the system, etc.... I determined that apparently the PS2 port on my 4 month old MB took a dump. So, I had to go get a new keyboard. I looked for a USB one, but couldn't find one so I ended up with a Logitech 800 wireless.

Now for your question, I normally keep my drivers up to date but only after they've been out for a while. As far as seeing any noticeable difference from one to the other, I haven't. Everything looks pretty good and nothing dramatic has happened one way or the other when I updated.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I tend to update my Nvidia drivers fairly soon after released ( whql).

Can't say I see much difference with each update, I suspect if I had gone like a year or longer between updates, I might see a performance boost. I like to stay current with all my drivers, so I do it on a regular basis.

I've always kept my Nvidia drivers up to date upon release..... for YEARS, without incident.

Until 320.14 (latest WHQL, my memory of version number might be off).

Had some pretty serious blue-screen lockups with this one: page fault, Irq less than or not equal exceptions. Had left those behind years ago, or so I thought.

I think they've done something "advanced" to support the new 7 series, as well as making "GeForce Experience" a required-unless-you-say-no install (had problems with or without GFE).

I'll wait a few months, maybe a year, to see whether they've stabilized things in support of the GTX 680 which I'm running.

If by then they've dropped support for the card, no matter; my system is running fine on version 314.07.

My new law with my new system is, if it ain't broken.... don't fix it! Asus for instance have issued numerous BIOS updates for my motherboard, with no end of serious reported issues around each one (this has been the case for a long time). I'm happy to stick with what's working.

"GeFoce Experience" does not support Flight however, so it cannot optimize your Flight settings for you. Such a shame.