Sign in to follow this  
scotchegg

Persistent CTDs...

...and there I was about to write a glowing report about XP10 :(

I've been using New Zealand Pro without a hitch with Carenado's 64 bit Centurion, but today decided to take a look at PNW - an area I loved in FSX. Looks wonderful in XP10 too I thought as I took off from Orcas Island, but then the first of many CTDs happened (well, strictly speaking hanging /  freezing then CTD). I'm using ALPilot's HD mesh with settings quite high, but then in NZ (which apparently has a more detailed HD mesh) I can go hours with no problem. Busier airports CTD quicker. Just tried KLAX and got a CTD after 2 seconds!!!

Win7, 8GBram, GTX580, i52500@4.2ghz. Any ideas?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

post your Log.txt file.

and your scenery.ini file?  maybe your missing some library files.  Could be the Carenado....they are very buggy until 10.30 is released.

10.30 is the XPlane  GraaL !!!!

Well scotcheeg, I hope you're able to identify what add-on is causing that CTD.

I only experienced a CTD in X-Plane10 once, while running on a PC with only 4GB RAM and using an OSM Swiss scenery. 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

That's the LUA issue only to be adressed with the combo of the new SASL 2.0 (just out) and X-Plane 10.30. Most common on Windows, but also existent on Mac. Especially with the C210 for whatever reason.

Try the same scenery area with a non carenado aircraft. Not all have been updated yet and I find they cause lots of crashes on my system too, So I avoid them. Even the V2 Archer crashes my system in some scenery areas. I don't have any crashes with other aircraft.

Edit: I should add that all Carenado aircraft work fine in 32 bit mode, this only happens in 64 bit.

Rob

Cheers guys, I'll do some testing with default aircraft and post the log.txt file later when I get back from work.

In the meantime is it worth downloading the SASL2.0 plugin now or is it better to just wait until 10.30 is released? Do we know when 10.30 is due out?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

If you are using nVidia drivers and have updated to 320.18, try rolling them back to 314.22.  I updated and all seemed well - for a while.  I suddenly started having all kinds of video problems.  Rolled back and all is ok.

John

John Wingold

Just did 30 mins flight around PNW with heavy (real) weather and everything set to max or nearly max in the default Baron and no CTD, so I guess it must be the Carenado. Shame, it's a beauty of a plane, especially the VC but if Carenado and / or Laminar have said it won't be a problem after 10.30 I guess I can wait.

Actually I'm gobsmacked at how smoothly everything runs with such a heavy load. Not used to it after so long with FSX...

As I said, please don't blame it on Carenado. It affects all planes that use SASL and Ben from Laminar does work with several developers in order to solve this for 10.30. At least that's all I know for now.

Does it also affect the 777?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I have to DECIDE!!!!!

I can buy only one of these:

Peter's A321, A380  or  the 777 (now at 20% disc. from Aerosoft's store).

Help me choose ....

Main Simulation Rig: