Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

PNW a' la XPX!

Man, what a TURNIP, I was....NEVER thought to check out KORS, and the area. I have (I guess?!?!) restricted my flying so far to the Great Lakes and the Southeast coast of the U.S.A. and Canada.

Well...I took off from KORS just a few minutes ago...and wow...does XPX put out the eye-candy at extreme resolution! I'm going to hit the Net and see if anybody had made a custom KORS after I land. The Pacific Northwest is done very well in XPX for no custom regional.

Again, the ocean---man-o-man, ok Five, woman-oh-woman (smile), XPX gives the BEST offering in water color and texture to date. Does this ever ramp up the reality meter. I could only wish to have this coding in unison with FSX's ORBX PNW!

I can only imagine what XPX's PNW would look like if a talented 3rd Party Dev got their hands into the mix. I can only imagine!

Also it seems, where ever there is an existant Ferry Service, you will see one doing its routes.;For instance, if you take off From Leamington, Ontario,Canada (or area) and fly out to Pelee Island, you should see a Ferry either going or coming from Pelee. I have the Sea Traffic Plug-in, if that matters whether you will see commercial marine traffic, or not. I do see sail-boats among the islands (KORS, etc) and do not know if this is in the sim, or via the plug in and its custom folder.

Also it seems, where ever there is an existant Ferry Service, you will see one doing its routes.  For instance, if you take off From Leamington, Ontario,Canada (or area) and fly out to Pelee Island, you should see a Ferry either going or coming from Pelee.  I have the Ship Plug-IN if that matters whether you will see commercial marine traffic, or not. I do see sail-boats among the islands (KORS, etc) and do not know if this is in the sim, or via the plug in and its custom folder.

I suppose, you mean the SeaTraffic plugin (?) which is producing the ferry routes below (Openstreetmap):

cehurw42ujf8zsu5c.jpg

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

I suppose, you mean the SeaTraffic plugin (?) which is producing the ferry routes below (Openstreetmap):

cehurw42ujf8zsu5c.jpg

Yes, that would be the one!  I'm heading out onto the Net to scour some PNW airports! :)

Found a custom KORS

Here's the link,  enjoy!

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=18520

LOL!  I found that, and just came back to post.  Like minds!  Thanks for the link, no matter. :)

Mitch

Here's another one for our Canadian friends!

Canadian Northwest Enhancement:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12669

I just fired up XPX and shot myself over to KORS with that custom scenery.....AND THIS IS FREEWARE??!?!?!?!?

WOWZER!!!

The guys 'n gals only restricting themselves to the FSX sandbox....tsk..tsk...tsk....such a pity.......

Post Edit:  I SWEAR that those deer are out to get me....a perfect landing set up, from over the water...and a herd decides to run across the runway, near the marina....venison cooking on the engine block...nah....go around..... :(

Downloading too, you guys are a gold mine of ideas and info, and refreshingly enthusiastic which can be contagious!

Okee-Dokey......I have found my new haunt for the immediate future. The PNW of XPX!

I will over the next few days, search out and populate the same airports that I bought for FSX. XPX is certainly at EXTREME REZ setting, and water at COMPLETE, a beautiful sight to behold, and fly around within!</p>

XPX life is good, oh yeah....and getting better, one airport download at a time!

Happy Camper Ses

I have to say ALpilot, your meshes are superb. It's only recently I've come to recognise the graphical value of a higher definition mesh and I'm becoming a big fan of your work. Not having too much money to spare I'm also a huge fan of its freeness!

PNW does look great with settings high, and water with complete reflections is a joy to behold. I do worry about the sameness of the water though - inland, littoral, rivers, all the same, no waves for different weather etc. Are these things which will be addressed in the future do we know?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Did you also try the Pacific North West with HD Mesh Scenery? Just asking B)

http://www.alpilotx.net/downloads/x-plane-10-hd-scenery-mesh/

(and a new version of the HD Mesh Scenery should come - I hope - in the coming month .... or something like that).

No, actually, will go to your page and download/install.  Thanks for pointing this out!!! :)

Mitch