Sign in to follow this  
Lukemeister

RCv4 Route Finder and Airbus X Extended

Out of curiosity I looked at the document. The last two screen shots concerned me on flight plan error as:

1. no SIDs, STARs allowed. I assume this means it does not maintain a terminal procedural database?

2. no navigational aids allowed. Why not? These can be used as RNAV waypoints.

Of course I am reading this out of context.

SIDs and STARs can end or start in the enroute phase, another concern.

I was surprised, too, so I added a few words of caution ...

It works perfectly fine, for example, to fly the AAX with a 'VORtoVOR' FP, created by FSX. (You just can't import it directly into the FMGS, you have to find another way.)

And the AAX has an option to save its own FPs (=company routes), including SIDs and STARs.

Just to explain why I am surprised myself ...

I was surprised, too, so I added a few words of caution ... It works perfectly fine, for example, to fly the AAX with a 'VORtoVOR' FP, created by FSX. (You just can't import it directly into the FMGS, you have to find another way.) And the AAX has an option to save its own FPs (=company routes), including SIDs and STARs. Just to explain why I am surprised myself ...

Does that other party external converter have the same restrictions?

There are several restrictions with the ConvAxe, too:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/66458-flight-plan-converter/?hl=convaxe

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/59740-flight-plan-format/

They seem to be related to the way the AAX stores FPs from its FMGS (coroutes). As long as I don't want to store coroutes, other FPs like VORtoVOR work o.k., as well.

"FMGS.ini
Logging=0 (set to 1 for debugging purposes)
HTML_Interface=1 (1 to activate web server, 0 to deactivate webserver)
BigScreenMCDU=1 (1 for big web MCDU (tablets), 0 for smaller web MCDU (phones))
TODFromXML=1
TOCFromXML=1

[CoRte]
FullRoute=0
(0 = airport+airways, 1 = airport+runway+sid+airwars+star+runway+airport saves in flightplan)"

It looks like the FMGS has facilities to handle SIDs and STARs if set as built in FMGS. I would think that the converters could emulate that format.

Since I do not use FSX and therefore this model I'll think I'll leave this discussion as my only interest is RC support.

Thanks for the added information.