Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

Talk about bringing an add-on to life!

So although I bought the BBS A320 and was critical of it (I also own the AXE), tonight, I could resist my desires for an A330 no more! .......... so I bought the BBS A330.

Firstly, it's a lot better than I was expecting.    Sure, you can find the incomplete areas, and some bugs and errors, but it is certainly very usable.

But............ those sounds ..........  :Sick:

So, while I was spending money that I don't have, like it's going out of fashion, I decided to also buy the TSS A330 GE sound pack tonight, and lordy lord !!!!  ....what a staggering difference it makes, when placed into the BBS A330.

Everything is improved dramatically.   The background buzz ambience is lightyears better, the engine start sounds are divine, the engline idling sounds are much better, and when we set FLEX power, my word are we in for a treat!..... the best rendition of the buzzsaw sound I've heard in any FS aircraft, ever.

Other sounds like the flaps lever, gear, etc, and most strikingly the ground roll are like light and day; so much better.

The only shame is that the BBS seems to have it's awful weedy, thin "flick switch" and "throttle detent click" sounds built into the gauge (cannot locate sounds for them anywhere), so these are not replaced.

But other than that, it makes the A330 a real delight to fly.

If anyone else is 'making the best' of the current version of the BBS A330, I heavily recommend you to pick up the TSS A330 GE sound pack for it.

:smile:

happy to hear you wound up with a treat in the end!

...not many people realize just how important the sound aspect is to a simulation, yet it's always been the thing that devs seem to spend the least amount of time on when building a new plane.

Thats pretty neat discovery and exciting. But these kind of quality sounds should be with the product initially especially when its claimed that Blackbox is dedicated to quality and attention to detail. Hopefully they will incorporate it soon as it is still beta. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Yeah I agree guys.

I have a few products that came with a TSS sound pack already insitu, but to my ears, this add pack seems in a different league.   As well as the engine sounds themselves, it's the best set of roll and touchdown sounds (and settings) I've ever heard in the sim.

Awesome - I'm going to pick up there A320 CFM pack too (I hope it's of the same quality), and stick it in the AXE and the BBS A320 too! :smile:

This is why I love the Accusim/Accufeel world of flight simulation. The sounds can often at least partially make up for the loss of tactile feedback. If the click sounds right, you can almost "feel" it...

A

Yeah, unfortunately the switch 'click' sound in both the BBS Airbuses is very poor.    I have tried everything to find the sound file in question but cannot, so suspect it's integrated into a gauge. %5Burl=

Accu-Feel certainly is fantastic and is also adding a lot to the overall BBS A330 enjoyment, as are the DHM functions of OpusFSX. 

....just so wish I could replace those switch click and throttle detent sounds!

I wonder why BBS would 'hide' two particularly banal sounds, outside of the normal sound directories?

They aren't "hidden" at all. These types of custom sounds are outside the possibilities of the sound.cfg file, so they need to be added to a customized path. Usually they will be located in a sub-folder of the sim's ..\Sound folder. Look for them there...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

They aren't "hidden" at all. These types of custom sounds are outside the possibilities of the sound.cfg file, so they need to be added to a customized path. Usually they will be located in a sub-folder of the sim's ..\Sound folder. Look for them there...

I have looked for them there ........and in all other standard directories.

The term "hidden" was not intended literally.

Perhaps it is difficult to see what I'm referring to unless you own the product. (If you do own it, feel free to have a go at locating those two sound files Bill!)....

....there's a virtual reward of a bottle of finest Spanish beer, (virtual and completly non-existent of course), to anyone that can locate these two sound files!

why not just email the author's and ask?

I have, but have not had a reply yet.      I doubt I will, as it's not really of interest to them, and I accept/respect that. Nothing is broken or not working, etc.   This is within the domain of a 'user mod' and as such, just something that I wondered whether anyone in the community could 'crack' :wink:

Well, all you're asking for is to know where that sound resides. If the author wasn't willing to answer such a simple question I wouldn't deal with him any longer, quite honestly. Afterall, it's not nice to ignore a paying customer regardless of the question being asked....he SHOULD have replied no matter what.

Turbine Sound Studios makes extremely high quality sound sets, IMO the best in the business!  I just got their newest version of the MD-80 sound pack (the "HD" one) and it is AMAZING!

I have two TSS sound sets and saying they kick &@($* is putting it mildly

Chris Sunseri

I went ahead and bought the TSS A319 CFM56 sound pack too ........ it improved the BBS A320 hugely, and in the Aerosoft A320/A321.  I looked at the original Aerosoft engine sounds, and I noticed they're TSS anyway :)   ..however the A319 CFM addon pack has slightly different ground roll and touchdown sounds I believe, so I'm now using a blend.

Sound is so underrated as an important factor in a good, immersive, flight sim experience!