Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mikerookie

Beechcraft King Air difficult to land

Guest Mikerookie

Hi fellow simmers,I am currently flying the "Hops Round The World" tour and using the MS Beech King Air most of the time.I am having difficulties landing it properly; I mean the plane over-reacts to any joystick input as I am trying to align and flare. In the end I will crash most of the time...Any advice to land this bird safely ?Thanks all...Mike Rookie

Guest monsoon

That is why there is the Aeroworx King Air 200!Jack

I second the Aeroworx B200 comment... best turboprop out there, in my opinion. The B1900D just doesnt seem to have the same quality as the B200 does... besides, they are different aircraft. The 1900 is purely airliner... the B200 is more of a general aviation plane with a dash of business.

Yeah but the Aeroworx is it really more then twice as good as the B1900D and it

Guest aca_dia

The Aeroworx B200 is more than twice as good as the PMGD 1900D. I quite like the 1900D PMGD did (and I am a real world 1900 pilot), but the B200 is a extremely well done package. Aeroworxalso did an incredible job with modeling the Collins EFIS and related avionics (just like the real world B200 or 1900D).The 1900D is a very simple package (and that is what is as sold as). The B200 is a pretty comprehensive sim aircraft with very realistic modeling of all systems.Best plan is to get them both.

My suggestion is to look at your autopilot settings. Deselect the 'alt' or 'alt sel', even if the autopilot is switched off. I don't recall having landing problems with the default King Air. Perhaps you're coming in too fast?>Hi fellow simmers,>I am currently flying the "Hops Round The World" tour and>using the MS Beech King Air most of the time.>I am having difficulties landing it properly; I mean the plane>over-reacts to any joystick input as I am trying to align and>flare. In the end I will crash most of the time...>>Any advice to land this bird safely ?>Thanks all...>>Mike Rookie

Guest william273

hi mike, i had problems too when i started flying it. the nose tended to bob up and down during the approach and landing. what helped me among other things was to get your speed to 130 to 140 knots, flaps down and be trimmed, might use alot of trim, and that had me set up for a perfect glide down the slope. as a matter of fact it was so good i posted a comment about it here. don't give up because it does fly pretty good i think, if you give it a chance. use a light touch on the stick too. william

Mike,I don't crash it but it is for sure one nervous machine. It flies very ######y and trim is super oversensitive making it nearly impossible to trim correctly. :(The default Learjet suffers simalar unrealistic behaviour. IMHO MS did a tremendous bad job on modelling those planes. For me they are so bad modelled making them unflyable (like almost all defaults).Would be great if a R/W Kingair pilot could comment on this.cheers,Claudio

Guest Mikerookie

Hi Fellow simmers,Thanks for all your comments and interest in my question.Right now, I will pass on the Aeroworx B200 and the PMDG B1900D. I have spent a air amount of cash on th PMDG 737 NG (different kind of bird though) and I am still struggling to get a hold on it. When I feel comfortable with it, I will consider a new payware AC.I will try to practice more and work my approach speed and trimming... I have the feeling that's the reason why I crash so often.Thanks again for all your attentionMike out.