Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

VOR signal check request please (pic)

I'm trying to figure out what's going on. Either my FSX is messed up, Tongass Fjords X is messed up or I'm doing something wrong.

Look at the pic. I'm set to approach Kake. I've tuned in the Kake VOR and NDB. However, VOR refuses to show up on the gauges.

Can someone do quick flyby near PAFE, Kake, AK tuned into the 114.40 VOR and see it is 'found' on your plane/FSX system?

I am a bit stumped why the VOR signal can not be picked up by any plane I've tried.

Click on image 2 time to make full size.

j3LOJFZN5vvs0.jpg

I'm not familiar with the plane you're flying, but it looks like the frequency you want is in the standby side of the NAV1 radio?

I'm not familiar with the plane you're flying, but it looks like the frequency you want is in the standby side of the NAV1 radio?

Just to show what happens when I switch Active/Standby sw.

jtPXgA8CPXIlL.jpg

just did a quick flyby. i can confirm that the VOR on 114.4 doesn't seem to work, the ADF on 223 is working, also checked the closest other VOR. LEVEL ISLAND vor on 116.5 is working. please note, i don't have Tongass Fjords X, only PNW and CRM, so that region is standard FSX for me.

G4vZvhC.jpg

right instrument: yellow needle indicates ADF, green needle for VOR, but is inactive on 114.4.

Just to show what happens when I switch Active/Standby sw.

Whoops! I didn't realise that you had it tuned in NAV2, I only saw NAV1-sorry!

In the real world this navaid is an NDB/DME.  The NDB is tunable on 223 and the DME is located on 114.4.

If you mouse over the VOR symbol in the FSX in-game map, the tag says "high altitude DME."

Hope this helps.

Todd

The symbol in Plan-G also indicates that it's a DME only(=square), not VOR(=hexagon) or VOR/DME(=hexagon in square).

You'll need to use the NDB as a direction indicator.

The more you know. Thanks everyone, I knew I was missing something.

Just wanted to add for info sake....

Just to try, I entered the 114.4 frequency in the ADF receiver, does not work either as an NDB. It definitely is a VOR frequency but only has DME info, and only displays DME info on the DME readout.