Sign in to follow this  
ashenden92

MD11 in FSX autobrake issue

Hi I'm new to this forum

I have the PMDG MD11 via CD loaded into FSX on my windows Vista PC, all appears to work well, I have followed the two tutorials flights and have noticed that despite getting the Green box for a full ILS arrested landing using preselected autobrake on touch down I get the yellow warning light Autobrake/disagree and I have to brake manually, which i have noticed seems to take an enternity to get the aircraft to come to a stop.

Have I missed something in the required set up as i believe I have followed the tutorials accurately and my subsequent flying with the MD11 always seem to throw up this issue particularly trying to get the beast to come to a stop.

any insight greatly appreciated

Regards

Paul Ashenden

Welcome to AVSIM, Paul!

Unusual error; do you use any hardware pedals or other peripherals that might be interfering (spikes, null zones) and could stand some re-configurating and re-calibrating?

Just speculating that some unwanted manual braking command may switch off your autobrakes and thereby cause your issue ...

Hi Oliver

Yes I have CH Pro throttle and rudder pedals which have been calibrated with FS and with FSUIPC, Ihave also ticked to remove control spikes, so I'm still not sure what i have to do to get the issue resolved, I don't think it's manually triggered as I have tried a full autoland feet off the pedals this results in the same issue, I can still use manually braking to stop but if required

I vaguely remeber having an issue like this in the MD11X...

I also vaguely remember dealing with it by removing the FSUIPC calibration in FSUIPC... The brake axes for the MD11 were handled only through FSX and not through FSUIPC at all... then I didn't get the autobrake disconnect immediately on landing...

A

Now I vaguely remember PMDG stating that their aircraft are all fly-by-wire: Hardware commands generally are directly dealt with by PMDG code.

So, Paul, pls. do give Andrew's suggestion a try ...

Well I tried re-calibrating my CH Pro pedals via FSX and set up for a full autoland again with hands completely off every thing and unfortunately I got the same result ?

is there something that could be causing the issue?

Thanks

Paul

Paul,

to check if your rudder pedals are at fault, try another autoland but this time unplug the rudder pedals physically from the computer. If all is well with autobrake that way, then something is indeed wrong with the pedals.

Cheers,

Markus

Markus Burkhard

Markus.

I have the same issue, and I already have disconnected my rudder pedals, and I still have this problem. I performed a autoland without any stick, just with keyboard but the same, y remove any FSUIPC calibration but still the problem. I have reinstalled the MD11 but nothing happen. Any additional suggestion??

Brgds,

Juan Betancourt

For those who still have this problem, just remove FSUIPC.ini from your modules folder. After that open FSX and FSUIPC will generate a new .ini file. It works for me, an the problem has disappeared.

Juan Betancourt