Sign in to follow this  
Guest 737_Pilot

PMDG737 question

Guest nigel28

I am thinking of buying this aircraft and I was curious how the a/c will perform on my setup....I fly mostly out of VC so I am really concerned with the VC FPS....system specs belowP4 3.2 800FSB on Abit IC-71gb pc3200 dual channeledmaxtor 60 GBGeforce 6800GT OCed to 400/1.1and I run the following settings in MSFS..( I only list those that have the highest impact on frame rate)1600x1200 res4xAFno AAautogen- max densescenery complexity- very dense3d clouds-100 percent low coverage (Chris Willis texutres installed)Ultimate Traffic AI set to 40 percentterrain detail mediumI usually fly the default aircraft because the VC's stay pegged at 32 fps (my lock rate) most of the time...if I unlock it it hangs around 45-50 with FPS from 80-90 in unpopulated areas. So how will the PMDG perform for me?

You will definiatly be able to run it quite well though ev you may have to reduce autogen to get good performance in citys there is quite a hefty performance hit compared to default aircrafts.Also do you like computerized aircrafts that fly for you? Otherwise you may want the CS 727 or 707. That said the PMDG 737NG really handflies really well if that is what you want :)

Buy it. No problems on your system. It will run well. The VC runs a bit slow on my P4 system (which is only 2.53Ghz), so I fly in 2D largely with PMDG. But it's a very good add-on with lovely models and flight dynamics and great sounds. I've only touched the tip of the PMDG iceberg and it's gonna keep me busy for months to come.Buy it. You won't regret it.JS

oqvist,It is entirely possible to conduct a flight in the NG without using the FMC, just like a 727 or 707. The displays are computerized, but the plane is only flying for you if you want it to...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You can read Avsim's review here http://www.avsim.com/pages/0504/pmdg_737ng_review/pmdg_737_review.html To be candid, this aircraft is very complex and is harder on FPS than your everyday GA panel. There is another not named NG that has better FPS yet which sacrifices DISPLAY RATES to abtain this effect whereas PMDG has a FPS display silder with true vector gauges. The PMDG has many AIRCRAFT MENU OPTIONS that you will not see on any other add-on...Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/Animation1.gifCaution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | NEC LCD 1980SXi 19" | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro |

Guest Ruddman

Is it true you cant import MSFS flightplans into the FMC? You have to either insert each waypoint or the airways. Still, I dont see what is wrong with the importing feature like on DF's 737 or Wilco's 767.

As I said it handflies really well and I do own it ;). What I am saying flying without the FMC is very unrealistic and I am not even sure you can disable that magenta line and get some old fashioned VOR display instead ;).737NG isn

I got the boxed 600/700 copy, and will be getting the 800/900 upgrade today.If you want to fly a digital jet then it's superb. FMC and buttons galoreGet the tutorials from the PMDG site though as they make life much easier for the 737 newbie.

I think the 737NG is the best addon that I own. It's worth every penny I spent on it. I also have bought several other payware aircraft; some for similar prices that do not even come close to the quality of the PMDG product. The flight model is superb, and the systems modeling comes from PMDG's FLY! roots. You have to understand the Rob Randazzo is a certfied ATP for United and would not let a non-realistic product go out under his name. He and I also go waaaay back in flight simming (I'm showing my age). I don't think he would disagree that it was flight simming that got him started towards his career; so he knows which side his bread is buttered! ;-) Mike Monce

Guest nigel28

thanks for all the input!! I have the Iron Knuckles DC-9 which is really good on my frames. I have a few eaglesoft jets and for some reason I get good frames on some of them, but the gauges are hard to read in the VC. But will all of them, I get this really annoying stutter when I taxi on the ground. So, I would have to say that the Flight 1 DC-9 is the most frame rate friendly model I have. So I am looking for something that can give me similar FPS to that one. Will either PMDG 737 do that?? Or will they be more like the eaglesoft jets?

Guest nigel28

thanks for all the input!! I have the Iron Knuckles DC-9 which is really good on my frames. I have a few eaglesoft jets and for some reason I get good frames on some of them, but the gauges are hard to read in the VC. But will all of them, I get this really annoying stutter when I taxi on the ground. So, I would have to say that the Flight 1 DC-9 is the most frame rate friendly model I have. So I am looking for something that can give me similar FPS to that one. Will either PMDG 737 do that?? Or will they be more like the eaglesoft jets?P.S. Sorry for the double post

Guest bobsk8

>As I said it handflies really well and I do own it ;). What I>am saying flying without the FMC is very unrealistic and I am>not even sure you can disable that magenta line and get some>old fashioned VOR display instead ;).>>737NG isn