Sign in to follow this  
OwenLim90

Regarding boeing and Airbus different

Hi all,

Would like to ask you all. I'm just finished training Cessna. but I'm going to Commerical airliner.W which one should i go first? airbus or Boeing ? And what is difference of that?

Well, first of all: There is no such thing as a PMDG Airbus (you're on the PMDG forum, Owen!) ...

Airbus has a range from older types (less automation) to more recent ones (high automation).

And so does Boeing.

Furthermore there are heavy airliners from both manufacturers and smaller ones.

Some models are closer to the 'steam-gauge' type, others are 'glass-cockpit'.

So, let's narrow things a bit:

Owen, what will be your kind of flying: commuting/medium range/long-distance, ...

Any more details of what features you'd like to see, any systems you'd like to see working or you'd want to operate yourself?

Owen,

Which do you prefer in real life.. That will fulfill you the most.

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

If we are talking about real world career, I suggest Airbus due to cockpit commonalities, it will be easier (less training hours required) for you to switch from 318 to 346 passing by the whole family.

However here are other questions to help you in your decision:

1. where are you planning to work?

2. what are the fleets of your national/local carrier(s)?

3. are you targeting a Boeing dominant airline, or an Airbus one?

4. Some airlines have their own local academies and/or provide scholarships for their newly fresh recruits (both MEA and SVA do this), so ask about the requirements.

5. and Finally as Oliver and Alex mentioned, what do you prefer?

if sim world, go to ngx.

Good luck

Do you have the luxury of being to choose aircraft type with your knew job. Surely getting the job as airline pilot is the main aim and you will be trained on whatever type of aircraft the airline requires? Maybe I'm wrong?

-Iain Watson-

Are we talking real life, or Flight Simulator here?

Thought real life. If it sim question then I would fly the one you like most, preferably the NGX, as then this thread might not get closed for being OT!

-Iain Watson-

I didn't even know you could decide yourself what aircraft to fly? I always thought you get a specific training for a specific aircraft and you work your way up slowly, but the airline decides which aircraft you fly. But, that's how I thought it worked...

Hi Olli4740,

Oh. You mean some airbus are closer to the 'steam gauge' type and glass cockpit'? I would fly three of them.but will seldom to fly long distance. Yeah.sure. Could you provide me better. I'm pleasured to see you again

I think he's talking about the sim.  There's no way you'd transition directly from Cessnas to the airlines.  You'd need time in a complex aircraft first, along with multi-engine.  While both could be Cessnas (like a C177RG, and a C310), the dominant aircraft to meet those requirements are the Piper Arrow and Seminole (at least in the States).  Plus, the terminology is all wrong.  Nobody transitioning to real world airlines would say I'm "finished training Cessna."

As for simming, though, it's up to you.  I personally just chose more in-depth simulations of aircraft over the simplified versions.  There used to be a really good A300/310 series out there, but it was for FS9.

Kyle Rodgers

well,my first wasnt a boeing or airbus;it was fokker F100.by my experience,starting from a narrow airbus(A320)is the best choice,because of cockpit design,level of automation,airlines variaty and so on.but there are some weak points that many many boeing pilots have problem with:SideStick&Fly-By-Wire,AutoThrust

on the other hand,737NG would be great choice for starting.i suggest not going for wide bodies,because 1-airlines dont want a 0km widebody F/O; 2-not good for starting(some handling problems,long range cruise causes headackes similar to migrane for newbies and . . .)

BuT,remember!no one never knows you more than yourself! Attend to your prefer,consider airlines needings,ranges,trainings COST,your types flights and credits,And Money!(every one(including myself!)at the begining say that they just fly for their intrest on aviation,but money will become Very important after about 5 years(i dont say it will become instead of liking))

Hope you the best choices!

Regards

Captain Hamzeh Farhadi

A320 TRI/TRE at Iran Air

Geez Lousie....is 'skool' out for summer already...or was this thread opened after 'skool' tipped out this arvo'?

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

I'd suggest a small Airbus then. Forget about the A330 and the A340, they are long-range and heavy.

In the A318/319/320/321 sector don't fall for older releases (forget the Wilco/Feelthere Airbus series).

The Aerosoft Airbus X A320/321 (formerly named 'extended' = AXE) I do recommend (see one of the banners in my signature!).

There's another small Airbus around by BBS (BlackBoxSimulation). Unfortunately I can't comment on it, since I don't own it.

EDIT: BTW, you use the FSX sim, don't you?

(Robert, Ryan, sorry for this ...  ^_^ )

Edited by olli4740