Sign in to follow this  
wroughtiron

PSS 777 professional panel

Hi all,

recently purchased PSS 777 Professional .Cant find the NAV 1 or NAV 2 radios. Manual says they are 'auto tuning'!!!!!!! OK so that means if you are within range of the VOR that you want to track ,but can tune it beacause there is another VOR closer.???? Anyone know if it is possible to disconnect this feature?

I put the default 'radio panel ' in but the internal 'auto tuning' changes freq back.

Also , no course adjustment - have to use keyboard 'V' key with  '+' and  '_' keys.Tried to put another gauge in the panel but it wont have it.

That's it. Any gen would be useful.Thanks,

missed the 'T' off of "but cant tune it" ----

Hi, Wroughtiron,

recently purchased PSS 777 Professional .Cant find the NAV 1 or NAV 2 radios. Manual says they are 'auto tuning'!!!!!!! OK so that means if you are within range of the VOR that you want to track ,but can tune it beacause there is another VOR closer.???? Anyone know if it is possible to disconnect this feature?

You can manually tune the navigation radios by using the Flight Management Computer (FMC).  Click on the NAV/RAD button, enter the frequency into the scratch pad, and then click on the key next to VOR1 (upper left) or VOR2 (upper right).  That will override the auto tuned frequency.  To go back to auto tune, click the DELETE button and then click next to  the VOR frequency you want to restore to auto tune.

I put the default 'radio panel ' in but the internal 'auto tuning' changes freq back.

I suggest you remove any stock radio panel for now -- it is likely to just cause problems.

Also , no course adjustment - have to use keyboard 'V' key with '+' and '_' keys.Tried to put another gauge in the panel but it wont have it.

You can adjust the heading with the mouse in both the 2D and VC cockpits.  You need to experiment a little as several functions are close together: bank angle, heading up and down, and heading selector. 

You can find instructions for this and other autopilot commands in the manual by searching "Mode Control Panel."

I have key combinations set up for this and other autopilot/MCP functions for convenience.  You can set these up by opening the setup window with Shift-8, then settings, and you will see the "keyboard commands" bar to click on.

The PSS 777 is certainly the best 777 available for FS9.  It takes a little time to learn.  I hope you enjoy flying it!  I certainly have.

Hope this helps.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Also wanted to add that you can set the VOR course in the FMC as well.  If the frequency is manually set, "CRS" with a dashed line will appear below the frequency and you can enter a 3 digit course in the scratch pad  and then click one line below the frequency entry.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Mike, thanks yr info.sorry lateness of thanks, just found yr post again. 777 all working fine now.

777 all working fine now.

Glad it's working OK!  Enjoy flying it.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.