Sign in to follow this  
deltafan

DX10 and SweetFX 1.4

Couldn't get the AA to provide a suitable effect, but boy the screen sure looks pretty now.

To get decent AA with DX10 add the following lines to Graphics section of the fsx.cfg file

MultiSamplesPerPixel=4 (You can change this to 8 for better quality if your system is up to it.)
MultiSampleQuality=8

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

That's just it though, I've never had ENB installed, so I don't need to worry about those files. I've also tried the DX10 files only and it still doesn't activate, and when I try that through the configurator, it won't let me change anything without adding back the DX9 files.

I think I have lost my mind.  I decided I would dive into the whole SweetFX thing myself to see what I could do.... nothing. 

I am having the same problem.  SweetFX isn't doing anything under DX10 mode.  If I turn off DX10, back to DX9 default...it works like it should.

Here are something I have done:

1) Verified the install.  The 9 files and SweetFX folder that came with v1.4 package have been place in the root FSX folder.

2) Verified and re-verified that AA is off in FSX (for kicks, I turned it off in nVidia Inspector also)

3) Maxed some of the settings and verified that the _settings.txt is updating

4) Installed the C++ redist as noted in the links above

5) Rebooted a few times

6) Looked for old ENB stuff (don't see any that I know of)

7) Changed the injector.ini to a few different options to try and toggle, or take screenshots...no luck there (so I re-installed the SweetFX package just to make sure everything was clean)

8) Read forums, watched videos....  posted here and going to read Snow Crash instead.

log.log is updating..

full path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\
redirecting CreateDevice
initialising shader environment
eAndSwapChain
removing D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_SINGLETHREADED flag
redirecting IDXGIFactory->CreateSwapChain
redirecting IDXGIFactory->CreateSwapChain
redirecting CreateDXGIFactory1
redirecting CreateDXGIFactory1
redirecting IDXGISwapChain->ResizeBuffers
performing Cleanup10
performing Cleanup10
performing Cleanup10

...so in short, SMAA isn't working, no HDR, no bloom, and no screenshots with DX10 mode on.

I am running Inspector..is there anything in there that could be jacking up the program?

I am also running 2 monitors.  They very in resolution but both are set to no AA and when I fly in full screen mode, the second display shuts down (intentionally so only my one 40" display is running)

Any other suggestions to get this to work?

Thanks

Benjamin

Benjamin Van Eps

I installed SweetFX for my friend's FSX, he had a non-standard keyboard. The 'injector.ini' file that you put in the FSX root directory has keymaps in it. If you have a non-standard type of a keyboard lacking a Scroll-Lock or Pause-Break key, you have to remap keys following the given syntax in injector,ini, using the ASCII keycodes.

Scroll-Lock enables/disables SweetFX on the fly, Pause-Break applies setting changes you made (by first making them and then clicking 'Save Config' in the Configurator). I don't know if any of this means anything to you or helps, but I did have to remap keys on my friend's FSX setup to get SweetFX working.

Ok - an quick update on my scenario.  Who knew.. it was in fact the second monitor that was causing the issue.  The resolutions are different (24" versus 40" ..with slightly resolution).  I don't think SweetFX knew what to do with the second display when it was trying to apply the effects so nothing was happening.

When I take the display out of the equation, it works as expected.  I like it.   Now I will bring DX10 back and see how I like it.

Benjamin

Benjamin Van Eps

Hi

I installed sweetfx but  see files only for d3d9 but i dont see files for dx10 preview

any idea where to find them

i dont understand what to do to get it done

very difficult for me

Hi

I installed sweetfx but see files only for d3d9 but i dont see files for dx10 preview

any idea where to find them

i dont understand what to do to get it done

very difficult for me

It doesn't matter, same files are for both D9 and D10. Just put the files in your main FSX folder and tweak the settings in Sweetfx_settings.txt.

You can also watch this tutorial on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v21m_p7d2A4.

To test the various settings, run FSX, start a flight and ALT-TAB back to Windows.

If you make any changes in the settings file, save it, and run FSX fullscreen again (ALT ENTER after selecting it). You will see the difference in runtime, so you wont have to restart FSX all the time!

With the SweetFX configurator (also a free program) it is even easier and you get a key to refresh. You dont have to switch back to fullscreen then, it will show the new settings when pressing the configured refreshbutton.

SweetFX configurator here: http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/?p=91