Sign in to follow this  
AndyPaul

MetStation Additions template import

Hello there,

I already posted this 'problem'(?) on the official Opus forum.

I am trying to import several new MetStations using the template .txt file provided in the Opus directory. All imported stations are not available on the NOAA weather but on VATSIM, checked every station. The format in the .txt file looks like this: 

YLST "Leinster" S27 50.60 E120 42.20 1631

I am wondering, what exactly the format should be with respect to spaces/tabs in between the sections etc.? OpusFSX appears not to read this file and does not download the respective metar from VATSIM, which I use as secondary source in case of missing data. What else could be wrong? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Andreas

Extract from the Live Weather manual,

METAR Station List Corrections and Additions

Two template text files are provided which can be renamed and edited. These new files can be used to specify any corrections or additions to the LWE met stations list.

The stations must be known to either NOAA or VATSIM in order for us to extract the METAR. The NOAA station list can be found at http://aviationweather.gov/static/adds/metars/stations.txt

The two new template text files are,

OpusFSX_MetStation_Additions_Template.txt

OpusFSX_MetStation_Corrections_Template.txt

Just edit them and remove the '_Template' suffix from the filename and the LWE will read the content and update its met station data each time the FSXSERVER program is started.

Master copies of these files will eventually be kept in-house to amend and update the MetStation data file with common changes and additions to the listed NOAA station data.

OpusFSX MetStation Additions

Prior to use please rename your file to OpusFSX_MetStation_Additions.txt.

Enter a list of met station additions in the form,

ICAO "station_name" latitude longitude elevation

Where

· the ICAO code always appears at the start of a new line

· the elevation is specified in feet amsl

· the lat/lon are entered in the following exact form <compass_direction>degrees minutes (mm.mm)

· latitude = Ndd mm.mm or Sdd mm.mm (9 characters)

· longutude = Eddd mm.mm or Wddd mm.mm (10 characters)

For example,

EGKK "London Gatwick" N51 08.88 W000 11.42 196

EGLL "London Heathrow" N51 28.65 W000 27.68 80

These additions may also be used as corrections.

Did you rename the template file after editing it?

Stephen

If after renaming the file and ticking the Use VATSIM For Missing Data download option you still do not see the METAR listed in the OpusWeather.txt file when it is certain to be in range, within the current weather map, then email me your OpusFSX_MetStation_Additions.txt file and I will check it out.

Stephen