Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

New in my fleet...

land it at around a speed of 150knots, which Airport are you trying?  Also did you set the correct fuel/weight specs? 

Yep, LPPT 03.

FMC programmed, all speeds respected - actually the AP is flying it from the IAP on... All modes engage correctly but, even with no shear, the aircraft fails miserably to flare and even worse to rollout :-(

I am tempted to buy Peter's A320 CFM 214 released in the beginning of May. Still no 3d cockpit, but that's really not important to me - I even prefer 2D cockpits because I do not have a trackIR... but with this poor results with the 777, I confess I begin to feel a little afraid of investing in yet another airliner.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Well my friend, run and get this add-on...

http://forums.x-pilot.com/files/file/439-c172sp-wide-panel-project/

Thx Michel!  Great panel!!!!! I wasn't aware of it !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Ok,

did a short range flight, from LPPR to LPPT, using RWW.

The 777 panel is nice, but I have to be honest and state that I prefer a LOT more the kind of interaction /functionality I get, for instance, from add-ons for MSFS, like those by P3D or PMDG. Everything looks a lot more simple, perspective is a lot more easy to manage, etc... This reminds me a bit of the Fly!2 777 

Next, I had already forgotten about that irritating tile limitation on Navaids in X-Plane.  If you dial, say, a VOR-DME (high Altitude), but your aircraft is still on an adjacent tile of scenery, you want be able to receive it, so, I was only 70 NM away from Lisbon VOR DME, at FL200, and no DME info available... Well...

Finally, the STAR was flown by the AP, and as you can see from the attached pics, all went more or less fine until touchdown. LAND3 was available (Flare and Rollout armed), but as you can see, the aircraft failed completely to perform as expected :-(

Main Simulation Rig:

Five.

I have the 777, 320NEO, 787, I am thinking of Peters 380 Bus.

Have read a lot of good and some indifferent reviews. You Highly rate it so I am one step away from  purchase.

PS must change my signature.

ww1459.png

Five.

Have read a lot of good and some indifferent reviews. You Highly rate it so I am one step away from  purchase.

it's great and has stopped me from using every other payware in my hangar.  It's the sounds, flight model and "flybywire" that's very addicting in Peter's Aircraft. :drinks:   And it never fails ILS LANDINGS..jcomm :ph34r:  :lol:  You can engage the Autopilot at 100feet and the plane will do the whole flight plan without errors unless you get those random failures like: bird strikes, engine fires, tire deflate, etc.  This week was the 1st time I experienced tire deflate....amazing stuff.

Ok FIVE, then please tell me, is the recently release A320 CFM 214 better than the A380 in terms of systems modelling depth / accuracy?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ok FIVE, then please tell me, is the recently release A320 CFM 214 better than the A380 in terms of systems modelling depth / accuracy?

for now the 380 is more complete because as you know, both planes are still beta with the 380 ahead in the beta cycle.  One day you will probably buy both.

i'm actually having second thoughts on the 757 in june by Ramzzess.  I hope they improve the sounds and flight model.  I hope it's not a re-textured 777 :lol:  I will probably buy it because i'm an addict :P

for now the 380 is more complete because as you know, both planes are still beta with the 380 ahead in the beta cycle.  One day you will probably buy both.

i'm actually having second thoughts on the 757 in june by Ramzzess.  I hope they improve the sounds and flight model.  I hope it's not a re-textured 777 :lol:  I will probably buy it because i'm an addict :P

Well, honestly, it's not ** only ** the autoland... There are other things wrong with it... But, it's still early to properly identify all of it... For the time being, all I can say is that i feel really disappointed with the 777 :-(

Main Simulation Rig:

Five.

One more thing I need to mention,  I worked on an Airbus and still have friends that work on these planes.  I have also been in the Airbus A320/380 Simulators at CAE Canada because of family members that work there.....I own the Aerosoft Airbus, the BlackBox Airbus and the A320 JarDesign NEO  BUT after buying Peter's A380....it reminded me of work and that CAE Sim and it also depressed me for spending money on the other payware :lol:  Peter and his devs took that $50 Million Sim and put it into a $50 Sim :lol:

Link to A380 Manual:

http://store01.prostores.com/3/11/64/646113/store/images/A380_MANUALS.zip

jcomm,

I wouldn't buy anything else right away. Read the T7 forum for reasons you might be having problems with it. As someone else noted, Carenado have released a V2.1 of their 64 bit-converted aircraft. This might not mean a whole lot off hand, but it could signal the eminent release of 10.30.

Now, on to something really important. Did you have a look at and do a fight test with the Cessna 172 I told you about. This looks like a brilliant simulation of the 172. Some comments I have seen regard it as the best there is. I'd like your opinion on the flight model :smile:. If , you have the time to test it of course.

cheers

just got this email a few seconds ago :lol:

Dear Friends and Customers,

the A320-232 with IAE engines is available on my website. Like the A320-IAE before, it comes with a winglet and a sharklet version, as well as with a large number of liveries. So the A320-PACKAGE is now complete, which brings you all A320 models at only 15 EURO more than an individual model. Certainly owners of the A320-CFM may upgrade to the package at this fee.

The 3D cockpit is constantly growing, and I can tell you one thing: It is going to be stunning! What I still cannot predict is the release date. But it will come as a FREE upgrade.

Some A380 customers got an issue with the red HUD cover of the Air France and cn001 test aircraft (DO NOT HANDLE - COMBINER GLASS). They should simply repeat the download either from my website or fro the ORG-store.
For a short period, by mistake, deliveries from the ORG-store came without the A380 manual and tutorial package. If you still do not have it, let me know!

Kind regards
Peter Hager

jcomm,

I wouldn't buy anything else right away. Read the T7 forum for reasons you might be having problems with it. As someone else noted, Carenado have released a V2.1 of their 64 bit-converted aircraft. This might not mean a whole lot off hand, but it could signal the eminent release of 10.30.

Now, on to something really important. Did you have a look at and do a fight test with the Cessna 172 I told you about. This looks like a brilliant simulation of the 172. Some comments I have seen regard it as the best there is. I'd like your opinion on the flight model :smile:. If , you have the time to test it of course.

cheers

I will certainly have and report back later tonight, or tomorrow morning Michel!

And again, thanks for the link!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

it could signal the eminent release of 10.30.

might be true, it's been slow lately for xp10 updates :Thinking: ....they're probably working hard for June's release of 10.30 and the new 757 by Ramzzess.

I have it!!!!! I'm relieved from the Nightmare :-)   WHOW!!!!!!!!!!!! FIVE WAS RIGHT!!!!!

It's been just a short flight, but it promptly revealed most of what FIVE has been claiming.  I will continue to test, but the first experience was simply DELIGHTFUL!!!!

I owe you a beer at Peter's bar in Faial, island of Horta - the Azores. Midway it's the closest I can get :-)

My older daughter and husband travelled to the Emirates in an Emirates A380 a few months ago. I'll show them my new acquisition :-)))

Thx FIVE!!!!!!

Main Simulation Rig: