Sign in to follow this  
delta9857

Increasing the Garmin's start up time?

Hi everyone, this may seem like a strange and unnecessary request but I like my sim to be as realistic as possible! Anyway, I was just watching the video posted in this thread: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/408402-rw-start-up-vid/ and I noticed that the G1000 actually takes a lot longer to boot up and align itself in real life than it does in the sim currently. I am wondering if there is a value in the files anywhere that I can change to get a more realistic start up time? Again, I know this may sound strange, but the current start up time is way too quick (especially the MFD!).

No developers take the time to program in proper fade-in or startup times for the glass in their cockpits...none of them bother with proper engine start-up times either (which is more complicated to simulate within FSX, but can still be done).

It would be nice, since FSX is truly the FINAL MS sim, if developers would start paying more attention to the finer aspects of their simulations and attempt getting a bit more revolutionary with features.

We have so many great planes out there but the devs don't seem to have any interest in continued development for old products. I'd like to see them start to re-work and further improve upon some of their most popular releases (i.e. Cessna Mustang for example).

The values are set in the G1000 PFD gauge code and could be changed..

Once SP2 is released and things stabilize, I'll be looking for minor things to clean up, for my personal use.

If you can figure out how many seconds the first startup screen that just says "Garmin" is visible,

and how many seconds the second "Aligning" screen is visible, I may be able to change it for you..

Right now, it is 2 and 4 seconds, I believe..

Bert

I was thinking the same thing (This is the vid I based my start up and running sounds on BTW)

"Garmin" shows @ 11 seconds

AHRS startup screen 11 seconds after that.

Now that SP2 is out, I can supply you with a version with extended startup time, if you are interested.. let me know via PM.

Bert

On 6/7/2013 at 3:17 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Now that SP2 is out, I can supply you with a version with extended startup time, if you are interested.. let me know via PM.

Hi do you still have the edited values to increase the 'boot' time?

TIA

Regards

Nathan Smith 

System Specs: FSX:SE (upgrading to P3D v4.5), Intel i7-6700 (Skylake) 3.4GHz Quad Core, nVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB, 16GB Corsair Vengence  Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Acer 27" Monitor

Oh boy.. that was four years a go, and the TBM V2 has since come out.. :blush:

Bert

Ha sorry I didn't look at the date

Regards

Nathan Smith 

System Specs: FSX:SE (upgrading to P3D v4.5), Intel i7-6700 (Skylake) 3.4GHz Quad Core, nVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB, 16GB Corsair Vengence  Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Acer 27" Monitor