Sign in to follow this  
NGXfanatic

Alaska Airlines 737-800 KSEA to KPHL

Great screen shots. @ the OP, are the '09's' at KPHL the ones with the approach over the Delaware river? i flew into KPHL many years ago from KDEN, and recall an approach over or along the river.... I was amazed how big the river was1

Thanks, Bruce.

Well, I made up my mind.  Next flight is going to be PANC to KLAX, ASA156, served by a 737-700.    Going to see tons of beautiful ORBX scenery on the way down, as evidenced by this map of the route by the actual flight.

Getting my PC ready, as I've been experiencing OOMs of late after long flights with complex scenery and the NGX, even with 64bit Windows 7.  But I have FSUIPC autosave to protect me if the unthinkable happens, and I may just break up the flight over 2 days anyways so the chance of an OOM may not be as great.   I got an OOM at the end of this KPHL flight, as it was one of the rare flights NGX long hauls where I flew the whole route continuously from start to finish, I normally save flights in the middle or before TOD because there is only so much cruise boredom I can take!

Great screen shots. @ the OP, are the '09's' at KPHL the ones with the approach over the Delaware river? i flew into KPHL many years ago from KDEN, and recall an approach over or along the river.... I was amazed how big the river was1

Thanks, Bruce.

Actually, both the 09 and the 27 approaches are over the Delaware river, but you spend a little more time overhead the water with the 09R.   Interesting fact about 09 is it's only used during poor weather or low visibility, or of course strong winds from the east, but that day on May 5th the weather was perfect.   It just turned out that winds were mostly from the east that day, even if they were less than 8 kts.  As mentioned in the writeup, I had encountered unusual headwinds for most of the flight, must have been wind patterns that day.

Thanks, I loved Philly, a great town!

Bruce.