Sign in to follow this  
MDF86

Taxiing too fast at idle.

When I fly the NGX I taxi at around 50kts with my joystick throttle lever all the way back and have to ride the brakes for the whole taxi phase.

Is there anything I can do about this? I only fly the NGX so I don't know if the trouble is with the joystick or whether its an NGX thing in general?

Cheers!

Unlikely a NGX issue, mine requires a little thrust to keep it moving. What does the thrust look like when you have your joystick throttle at idle?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Go into the controls menu and make sure that the sensitivity on your throttle controller is set to maximum. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Also, what is your N1 % when your throttle lever on your hardware is at "idle"? That will show you if you need to re calibrate too.

Real liner taxi with the throttle at idle isn't it ? Obviously unless they are near the MTOW.

So maybe not a problem, just realism...  ^_^

Am I wrong ?

Thomas

So maybe not a problem, just realism

Taxiing at 50kts with throttle at idle - I'd hardly call that realism, even if the plane were completely empty.

Thanks all, a simple recalibration fixed this. It was sat at around 35% N1 at "idle" before, and is now around 23% and doesn't move unless I advance the thrust a little.

Thanks!