Sign in to follow this  
kaspern83

Purchasing PRO-ATC/X

People should be careful how they choose a  title  for their forum threads.  "Beware Of Purchasing Pro-ATCX" sounds awful no matter what the outcome of the thread.

Here, a very good explanation has been given within the thread, yet it is still and always will be plagued with this negative title. Very unfair.

Not sure why there is panic either. As many have said... Its highly unusual to get updates 2-3 x a month from a dev. Its progressing nicely not digressing. Should be thankful for their dedication. They are not robots but humans who have life commitments like the rest of us. Never read that we are entitled to updates every week.

Thanks for the communicative update and look forward to great things to come.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Here, a very good explanation has been given within the thread, yet it is still and always will be plagued with this negative title. Very unfair.

I agree with you. And no.. the title won't remain that way forever. I just edited it.

Nice one Tom.  As it happens, this thread actually went from negative to possitive in a very short time.  Hence, I'm glad the OP posted.

I agree with you. And no.. the title won't remain that way forever. I just edited it.

Thank you Tom.  That's very nice.  So many, like myself, enjoy ProATCX very much, and what it adds to the flight sim. It's good to see that changed.

You are 100% correct. I apologize to both developers of pro atc/x. I was too quick to judge the situation with what was happening. Being in a industry where I have to kiss every persons &@($* that walks through the door, I tend to expect high quality service from companies I spend my money on. But im glad everything is well with Clive and Mourad and they still get 100% of my support.

Kacper Nowotynski

Well in that case they should put some kind of statement. Instead they leave everyone hanging in their own forums. I mean people are asking with what is going on without any official responses for days. Hows that for being unfair and uninformed?

Why? I don't see PMDG putting out a statement every week or even every month! But we all know the T7 will be here. Some people are "never" happy, if the next update proved to be buggy and ineffective you would be slagging them off for that. Just as well "most" of us are level headed and paitient.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Thank you Tom. 100% Correct and 1000% Class.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Why? I don't see PMDG putting out a statement every week or even every month! But we all know the T7 will be here. Some people are "never" happy, if the next update proved to be buggy and ineffective you would be slagging them off for that. Just as well "most" of us are level headed and paitient.

Yes and you didnt see PMDG everyday on their forum having a close connection with the community. Dont get me wrong their technical support is great but they are not my favorite company for the way they handle their customer communications either. If there was a competitive product to the T7 I would most likely give my business to them. Since there isnt, I will be forced to purchase pmdg t7.

I never said I expect a daily update from the devs but not being on the forums for 2 weeks is not what everyone on their website expected. You are active on their forums Sierrahotel.. werent you left wondering what was going on. I had high hopes for this addon, and I didnt want it to be left where its at. I mean take a look at fscaptain.. actually im not even going to bother going on that subject. I just wish I could get my money back from them.

Kacper Nowotynski

I think they call this "synchronicity"

****Update of where ProATC is of June 1st*********

Postby alpha117 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:18 pm

Hi All,

Yes, we have both been away for sometime, this is due to 'real world' commitments that both Mourad and myself have.

Also Mourad has not been very well over the last few weeks, so that has not helped; but he is getting better and is currently away on a few days holiday. He returns on Wednesday ( June 05th).

We are currently working on version 1.2.4.0, which is to add AI ATC voice. So you will now hear the AI talking to ATC, using the voices from ProATC/X, other AI stuff is also starting to take shape.

I have been busy also, as you might know I am a full time teacher, here in the UK and it is that time of year when exams(GCSE) for the students in our year 11 (16year olds) are taking place, this now goes on until the end of the school year, which is in July; so we teacher have to meet a lot of deadlines in terms of exams etc. Only 7 weeks left, then we have the summer holidays and 6 weeks off, can't wait.

So, I hope you can understand were we are, and yes, I have been looking at the OPUS weather engine with Stephen over on the OPUS site.

Looks like Stephen will have a 'break through' which makes sure that the AI land and take off on the correct runway.

So , all in all it has been a very busy 6 weeks and something has to give, and in this case it has been ProATC/X, but that is 'real life' I'm afraid, and with Mourad being sick has not helped either.

Once Mourad is back from his holidays, then it will be 'full' steam ahead again.

The manual is coming on 'slowly', but every-time I move forward there are changes in the software and hence changes have to be made to the manual.

There a lots more to come with ProATC/X still and a update will be out in the next few weeks.

Thanks for everyone's understanding.

Clive

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I'm not going to write it twice and not going to say anything different no matter what forum I post it in........ :P

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I really need to Purchase Pro-ATC, think I've been on the sidelines too long waiting on RC5.

I really need to Purchase Pro-ATC, think I've been on the sidelines too long waiting on RC5.

Its an great addon Vincent, dont think twice about purchasing it, even at the stage it is now =)

Kacper Nowotynski

It wasn't my intention to accuse anyone individually in expecting daily updates... my intention was to make a general statement about customers in general expecting daily updates... my point being that if the vendor didn't specifically state it, then perhaps it is not relevant to expect non stated specifics.

All customers are at the mercy of the vendor they choose to do business with. Think of all those unfortunates who bought into betamax... ( durn now I given away my age ) ...