Sign in to follow this  
kaspern83

Purchasing PRO-ATC/X

is it worth to have a look on their forum?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

is it worth to have a look on their forum?

Which forum? What for?

There's basically a lack of trust developing, whereby legitimate forum questions and concerns go unanswered and, although reassurances have been made earlier in the summer, nothing has been delivered in terms of promised enhancements and fixes for many months. The forum is eerily quiet, Mary Celeste style, in terms of developer participation.

Yet another example of top dollar price/bottom dollar service, sad to say. That seems a recurring theme on here this week.

I think ProAtc users were spoiled getting updates every week or two. monthly or bi monthly would have been better so as not to have such high expectations when life of devs take a turn. Course it was released a little premature. But they would have never found the things they did without a community using it. That said, a lack of communication by them is a grave concern. At the very least say something. We're alive, we are working on this... Hope to give an update in the coming weeks or next few months. Just something. Else its dead

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

The developer may have realised that the dream of a most realistic ATC addon is not achievable.

I have stopped using it for the mean time as it does not work in my home country, and after repeated requests for a remedy, which even went unanswered by Clive (Alpha117), which he only makes guest appearances at the forum ,

Even those who raved about how great PATCX is and is going to be don't post about it now. Jim ?

Back to using RC4 and /or PFE. Might be old, but they work.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I purchased PATCX with my eyes wide open. Clearly, I didn't buy a finished product and saw myself instead, as an investor. As an investor I saw the regular feedback and updates as a good business model. I didn't ask to be spoiled in this way but the president had been set, and the experience was a good one.

What now? Well it's very quite!

Sorry I didnt get to respond but yes, more promises unanswered, the only support is from the end users helping themselves, lots of bugs etc.. One moderator that tries to help out as much as he can, but the dev hasnt even logged in close to 2 weeks.  No one knows what is going on. Exactly, I did get spoiled when I first purchased the software by the weekly updates, and the devs constantly helping users etc.. Still hoping for best though. Who knows... Even the dev himself said "The next Update is comming but I'm really tired of disappointing you regarding a release date. This feature is very hard to implement. How ever, I can confirm it will definitively be implemented. Would I have given up so fast before, PRO-ATC/X would probably never have been released. So please be a little bit more patient." 

Kacper Nowotynski

I can say, that I haven't been spoiled by ProATC.

I bought it about 4 months ago. During this time, I have reported over 20 bugs. Some of them on the support forum and some by email.

Can you guess how many replies I have gotten from the developer? I'm sad to say that it's zero...

I might have been lucky before, but ProATC is my first flight sim purchase, where I haven't been able to contact the developer at all.

I bought my copy like january of this year, and up to may the support on the forums has been great. Since may it took a deep deep dive into the abyss.

Kacper Nowotynski

Well... perhaps now it's been confirmed that the RC5 project is one ice indefinitely, the devs behind ProATC will have renewed energy to continu development. I haven't bought it yet and will hold off until at least a new version is released if only for a confirmation that it is in fact still being developed and improved.

The ultimate ATC addon for FSX might prove to be close to impossible (so bad MS didn't include it in the SDK), but I would love to see something along the lines of Radar Contact with a bit more polished interface, voices and SID/STAR implementation. 

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

I too purchased Proatc, I was attracted to the assurance that it would at some point have voice control. The moderator who made this announcement (Alpha117) seems to have vanished but has been very critical of anyone who lodges serious questions or doubts about the program. I hope to be surprised by the next update. Support is now in the hands of members, so all in all not very professional for an expensive product. The up side to this is it has encouraged me to try Vatsim which is a whole new world! 

I haven't used ProATC for months also. I really regret my purchase to be honest (it's pretty expensive for what you get), I should have gone for VoxATC which is more mature at this time. But I'm not going to invest this much money anymore in any ATC add-on, so I'll wait for the update that was promised months ago. We'll see I guess, nothing we can do about it!

The thing that really bothers me is the lack of communication. They promised Jarkko (who posted here somewhere above ^^) answers to his bug reposts "ASAP!", and still after weeks/months absolutely NOTHING. That is just disgraceful. And then they openly attack their customers who complain elsewhere, saying that their customers are unprofessional (LOL!).... That is really beyond me...

But some loyal people reply that if the developer would answer any questions or bug reports, that he wouldn't have time for working on the new update. Like 10 minutes a week makes any difference.... I guess some are scared that the developer will stop supporting it if things get too negative. The developer or Clive are the only ones who can make everyone confident again by giving a official update. Even a couple of lines would make a difference, and of course be a little active on your own forum and give some basic support. They charge full price, but really lack any kind of service to make up for it. It's a shame, but again... nothing we can do about it unfortunately.

If you are giving something away for free then fine, it's at the users risk. If your charging its another story. I understand that ProATC is a one man operation, but they do have a forum so at least have tried to offer support. The fact that the site is still operating and taking new orders I presume, is either a good thing or a bad thing. The silence is deafening.