Sign in to follow this  
Chris Catalano

Patch locks up during install

Tried installing the patch tonight. It just seems to lock up and won't respond every time it gets to something called ablscpt.dll. I don't get any error messages at all - it just stops responding & I have to CTRL-ALT DEL & cancel out, as windows then tells me that the program is not responding. Anyone have any ideas? Also, if I try to run the patch again, it tells me that "version 9.1 is already installed" (which I checked - it CERTAINLY isn NOT) "or has been cancelled." Any ideas?ThanksChris Catalano

It is not stalled ... it just takes a long time to get past ablscpt.dll. You are not alone in losing patience with it, but unfortunately since you thought it had stopped responding whereas in fact it hadn't you are now seeing mixed messages.Probably need to uninstall the patch, Chris, and start again. Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Delete the ..Flight Simulator 9BACKUP folder prior to reinstalling the update. You might also extract a default copy of the *.dll files from your CDs and place them in the ..Flight Simulator 9modules folder before you try updating.Also, it has been noted that some updates are taking a very long time to install. Try the install during a period when you don't need the computer, such as, bedtime. Start the install and leave it until the next morning. Hopefully, the install will work properly.W. Sieffert

Hi Chris, "It just seems to lock up and won't respond every time it gets to something called ablscpt.dll"......you're not alone. This file is also causing me problems (see my thread on the topic), the only difference being that the installer does not lock up - it just refuses to continue beyond this point.In my case I do not have a backup folder to delete as nothing has been installed. All very frustrating and, it has to be said, unnecessary had a litte more care been taken by the issuers of this otherwise welcome update.Mike

But I let it run for about 20inutes - then when I Control-Alt-Deleted, it said that the program was not responding. Are you sure it is still doing something? Windows XP seems to tell me it is not responding. Chris Catalano