Sign in to follow this  
Nipoel123

AI traffic at KIAH

Hi everyone,

I have this problem with my AI traffic at Houston international. I recently installed new United flightplans, and since then, when I load up the sim, the only traffic I see in the KIAH area is a few airborne planes, but nothing on the ground except for a Fedex A310 (at around 19.30 local), at both KIAH and KHOU (so no Southwest either). The airborne planes do land and park at the gate without disappearing. I installed an AFCAD for KIAH, to see if that had any result, but it was no better than the default airport. Does anyone have any idea what might cause this?

Nick

Is it possible that those flightplans you installed were intended for use in FS9? In this case the problem is that even one single traffic file in FS9 format will force FSX to only recognize this older format, hence only displaying those flights. Remove the file from your FSX directory and convert it to FSX format, using FSX Flightplan Converter.

I don't think so. I installed them using .txt flightplans and compiled them with the latest AIFP version, which is set to FSX. And there are a few United planes (from the new flightplans) showing, but only airborne, not on the ground.

Nick

I don't think so. I installed them using .txt flightplans and compiled them with the latest AIFP version, which is set to FSX. And there are a few United planes (from the new flightplans) showing, but only airborne, not on the ground.

Nick

Just a thought but did you check the AFCAD file to make sure all of the Continental spots were changed to UAL after the merger last year? Ray Smith has an AFCAD from January last year that takes care of it, he has both COA and UAL on all the former COA gates.

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=KIAH&FileName=&Author=Ray+Smith&CatID=fsxafcad

Hope this helps!

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

One other thing to try is to see if you have any native FS9 traffic bgls mixed in with your FSX traffic. If you do then the native FSX traffic won't show up AFAIK. If you are using AFIP2 under the file menu there is a utility for finding/converting FS9 to FSX files, works great and easy.

I've been looking for new post-merger United traffic files with no luck. Might I ask where you got them?

Gerald

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

Tip of the day: never assume, always check.

AIFP2 found a couple of well hidden (says the person who installed them ...) FS9 bgls from long ago. Funny that they decided to play up now, rather than months before... My apologies to FloG, he provided the answer in the first place, actually ;)

I used the AIG United and United Express Winter 2011-2012 files.

Glad you got it sorted and hats off to Flo for the right answer. My tip o' the day...read ALL the posts in a thread.

Gerald

My apologies to FloG

No need to apologize. I'm glad you could sort it out.