Sign in to follow this  
Jacoba

JustFlight Hawker 800XP

Bought it yesterday because I like bizjets... wanted to see what it was all about.

In short I am disappointed, my recommendations... save your money...

The only thing going for this jet is the outside visual model. Its nice.

Cockpit is subpar, instruments especially the EFIS are mostly unreadable at all but max zoom. 

I replaced them with ISG EFIS and FMC, but the set up don't fit quite right because of the way the cockpit is modeled. Its workable, but just barely.

Fortunately it was only $29.00 and who knows, maybe I'll be able to tweek the ISG setup to fit better. 

Had hopes for this little jet...  :(

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I totally agree. Stay away from it...

Diego

been pondering over the xtreme prototypes lear 20 series myself...but TBH it just seems so cheesy looking and sounding on the interior that I can't be bothered.

been pondering over the xtreme prototypes lear 20 series myself...but TBH it just seems so cheesy looking and sounding on the interior that I can't be bothered.

I own both the XP Lear 20, and the Just Flight X800, and whilst the XP Lear is an early 2009 add-on, it is leagues ahead of the JF X800 in my honest opinion.

I got shot down in flames on here for stating that this addon was rubbish when it was first released.

Guess no one was listening if some of you went and bought it anyway.

Meh personally I have been quite happy with 800XP, sure it might seem rubbish if you expect something like Eaglesoft quality but personally I can enjoy wider range of product than just the most complete simulations. 

Thanks for feedback. I have waited a lot of years to get the 800XP in FS after the version that was available in Fly! So when I fly private jets it is Eaglesoft Cessna II and Beechjet with TSS Cessna Citation PW-JT15D sound pack. 

Keith Guillory

I trust no one when it comes to Business Jets other than ES, the Citation X 2.0 has a little age on it. It preforms so close to the real aircraft that it isn't even funny. About all that is out of sorts with it is the climb rate @ altitude and that is outside of ES's control. In other words I don't believe by design the sim would allow to simulate that for real because of all the variables that take a role in this number. Graphics and lighting are really good. Flight planning software will need to be used, SIDS and STARS can be flown. Navigraph Updates monthly cycle is avail. FMS programming is much simpler on the Honeywell system. In other words unlike the Smiths which actually started out on Lears.  Once you learn the simplicity of the system flight planning is simple when you understand how it works. Other than the aircraft I fly daily in real life I can't view my charts on the screen nor weather radar. So for a choice in business air you decide, this will be the closest you can get. I only hope to have a soverign one day which I would also buy. Happy Flying Cpt out.

Xtreme P lear 20 series is just simply fun. Use it with Reality XP Garmin and it's even more fun.

Meh personally I have been quite happy with 800XP, sure it might seem rubbish if you expect something like Eaglesoft quality but personally I can enjoy wider range of product than just the most complete simulations. 

Good point to remember. There is something for everyone to like or not like when it comes to flight sim products.

Keith Guillory

Xtreme P lear 20 series is just simply fun. Use it with Reality XP Garmin and it's even more fun.

Yeah. It has personality hey?

It's an interesting aircraft with an interesting history. If I remember a story about it correctly......  Bill Lear was blasting out of an air force base with it one day and the tower commented on the obvious performance. Bill replied something to the effect, " Just wait till I start the other engine". 

This creation is easy on the eyes and easy of the FPS and simply fun. Also it doesn't require you to browse 100 or more pages of manuals or do a detailed set up to go flying. Plus it SCOOTS!

The Learjet, with 530W popup, is pretty decent.

The interior and exterior isn't great but for so few bizjet addons it's a decent choice. It's pretty quick too for a light jet.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just reinstalled my old CitationX...been about 3 years since I've flown it...yuk, some of the vc textures and modeling really need a do-over :-)

Would you say the Lear is graphically on par with the CitationX, or would you even rate it below the CitX??

I'm really in the market for a single pilot jet but I don't think I have the stomach at this point for anything that may be a step below the graphics of what I've already got here.