Sign in to follow this  
Jacoba

JustFlight Hawker 800XP

The Flight1 Citation Mustang is very good.

Well, there's another thread where I duscuss my feelings about that one :-)

Lets just say that personally speaking I don't feel like paying $50 for a plane with sub par vc modelling/texturing/soundset...it's also quite a simplistic plane (as far as systems go) and is very slow (for a jet). Don't get me wrong, I feel the plane is generally "good", and I like it...but NOT for $50 at this point.

I used to own it, but I returned it and will not re-purchase it at it's current price level...I'd rather wait until I can get it for $30 OR I'd be willing to actually pay more than the $50 for a re-make version (if they gave it the graphical & sound love that it deserves)..

The Learjet, with 530W popup, is pretty decent.

The interior and exterior isn't great but for so few bizjet addons it's a decent choice. It's pretty quick too for a light jet.

I still wish the 430 or 530 could be put into the vc.

Or no gps at all...

.it's also quite a simplistic plane (as far as systems go) and is very slow (for a jet). Don't get me wrong, I feel the plane is generally "good", and I like it...but NOT for $50 at this point.

Not sure I understand what you mean here.  As jets go, the RW plane is pretty straightforward itself, being designed for single pilot operation.  From a systems management perspective, it's probably an easier plane to fly than most complex piston singles and twins if you leave how fast things can happen out of the equation.  If that's what you meant, then we agree.  If you're saying the model is simplistic, I'd be curious to know in what way.  The G1000, while not complete, is still arguably the best available in any aircraft out there, and while I wouldn't put the VC in the top 5 it's also not that bad.

Don't get me wrong either, I've never quite been able to fully warm up to this plane either so its hardly a favorite, but it's not bad and certainly a good choice if a VLJ is what you're looking for.

Scott

HI Scott, no I did not mean that they under modeled the systems...I only meant that the real plane (and sim version) has very simplistic systems management. Just as you stated, simpler than some GA prop planes.

Yea it's an ok plane for $30 (because I feel you are really paying mostly for a G1000 and flight dynamics). But for $50 it needs much better engine spool up (and spool down), much better sounds, and it needs a better 3d model and texturing to include such things as Glare Shield, Window reflections and the new landing/taxi lights, etc.

I guess at this point in time I feel it's an over-rated plane only due to it's $50 price tag. But that's a purely personal take on it. I fully admit that I'm a real pain in the arse to please these days.

The Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0 rocks!  It is really amazing and the only bizjet that's worthy in FSX IMO.  Although the textures are dated it's still a truly immersive experience and a must have for FSX.  Besides, it's the fastest passenger jet in the world now that the Concorde is kaput.

I've never tried the Flight1 Mustang. Should I try it?  It seems that it's probably not as good as the Citation.  

Some of the Flight1 products are WAY over-priced.  $55.00 for Level D?  Super 80 $80.00?  Citation Mustang?  $50.00.  These products are YEARS OLD.

The Learjet, with 530W popup, is pretty decent.

The interior and exterior isn't great but for so few bizjet addons it's a decent choice. It's pretty quick too for a light jet.

Did you get the update with new cockpit interior?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

...and is very slow (for a jet).

Yes, this and lack of VNAV modelling turn off my interest.

Dirk.