Sign in to follow this  
mercer77

sim connect

I have recently had problems with Vox ATC stop working in flight I have contacted there support they say it is because people use so many different addons that use sim connect.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening as it can be annoying if it stops mid flight or landing as you get no landing instructions.

I would be pleased for any advice

Many thanks

Graham

I belive that has nothing to do with simconnect. I run so many addons which use simconnect and i don't have that problem. The last version have a problem in a very few specific situation, i should contact suport too with this informations, but i was not so interested becouse i don't use VoxAtc too much in the last time.

In my test flights, Vox Atc sometimes stops working when something is wrong with the flightplan or AI traffic - some conflicts that VoxAtc can not handle. They should work on fix for this, the problem is there since first version was out. 

BTW, do you have latest Version of VoxAtc? This problems are almost gone with the last version,  everything worked just fine - much better then in previous versions.

Do you get message "error - please quit VoxAtc"(someting like that), or ATC just stop working? 

I have just tried a flight Barcelona to Menorca after a very long taxi close to take off then got the Fatal Error from Vox

I restarted then was given a different runway.

I turned on started again and was given the original runway so gave up for the night all so very disappointing hardly able to make a flight without problems.

I installed latest update about a week ago.

I try Menorca because I have problems with that airport when I land watch AI traffic they taxi off apron on to taxiway then stop after a couple of minutes they vanish.

Vox trying to sort that one out Palma and Ibiza are both ok

Regards Graham

I have aerosoft barcelona, maybe i'll try tomorow and report back :)

Before using vox atc, i run all vox atc utilities, on each flight. All flightplans, sid and stars config, voxatc indexer and rwy update. Maybe this can help.

If you have problems with AI traffic, you have wrong afcad file probably. You can check that with this: http://www.scruffyduck.org.uk/files/airport_scanner_100.zip

Many thanks for advice  I had problems from the start with Vox I use UT2 I had to install UT2 Bridge then at Gatwick I had all Thomson aircraft with My Traffic Id then was given a fix to download then had a mix of traffic.

I use Barcelona default FSX at the moment was looking to make Barcelona Aerosoft next purchase.

I use scenery addons also Active Sky

Have enclosed screen shots.

Regards Graham

Edited by firehawk44
Images removed. Images uploaded to AVSIM cannot exceed 1600W. Yours 1950W.

Well, i don't have UT2, so i don't know about this issues... I have my traffic 2010 which works just fine with Vox Atc

I was tempted to change to My traffic because I think that is what Tegwyn at Vox uses.

What put me off was several reviews some mentioned lack of detail in aircraft and parking in the wrong place also question mark on frame rates.

As I am fairly new to flight sim at the time I was not sure UT2 very detailed ok on frame rates I wonder now if it would be worth changing

do you reckon it would be worthwhile changing..

Your advice very much appreciated

Regards Graham

i think the latest version of my traffic(2013)has the best framerates, and it's very detailed - you can see spoilers at landing etc. I didn't upgraded yet, i have 2010 version which is great too. When i bought my traffic, i choosed MT2010 with fps in  mind, i had a realy weak PC at that time :)

And parking in wrong places can happen with any AI traffic, it depends on AFCAD files - that can be corected. I had this once at ESSA airport, and fixed with Airport / Afcad Scanner. 

You say that you are new to flight sim, i can help you to get stable FSX if you want. I'm trying to make a list with best settings which will work for most of computers, so if you want to try - just tell me :) 

That would be great I have looked at a few fixes on forum some very conflicting ideas I would be delighted as I need all the help I can get

Someone on another forum suggested I stop using other addons that use sim connect I don't want to do that as I think I have a couple of programs that use it ie Active Sky and Go Flight radio panels.

I will certainly give My Traffic a lot of consideration go to hear from someone who has these various addons.

Look forward to hearing from you

Graham

I belive that has nothing to do with simconnect.

Every add-on that uses Simconnect has to  send a request to the FSX server to open up its own communications with it. The add-on then requests the data it needs, commonly every frame. Simconnect is asynchronous so doesn't return the data immediately it's requested. When the data's available Simconnect sends a message to the add-on which only then can access it. Also each add-on using Simconnect launches either another process - .dll or .exe.

Clearly running several add-ons  using Simconnect at the same time increases the processing load and which could cause problems, especially to FSX is being pushed  to its limits. I'm not saying that's the case here but the possibility can't be discounted

Every add-on that uses Simconnect has to  send a request to the FSX server to open up its own communications with it. The add-on then requests the data it needs, commonly every frame. Simconnect is asynchronous so doesn't return the data immediately it's requested. When the data's available Simconnect sends a message to the add-on which only then can access it. Also each add-on using Simconnect launches either another process - .dll or .exe.

Clearly running several add-ons  using Simconnect at the same time increases the processing load and which could cause problems, especially to FSX is being pushed  to its limits. I'm not saying that's the case here but the possibility can't be discounted

I know what is simconnect and how it works :)

I said i belive that is not the case here becouse i don't have any problems runing  FSX with many addons which use simconnect simultaneously, like - AS2012, GSX, Majestic Dash Q400 (which comunicate with FSX via simconnect only BTW), Vox Atc, FS2Crew, EFB etc...

There is a posibility of bad/corrupted simconnect installation which can happen, especially with acceleration pack. I didn't liked that reply from support about "so many different addons that use sim connect".  This can be checked and solved easily, no need to stop using any addon. 

In case that happens becouse of too many addons using simconnect, why some other addon can't get fatal error?  Why allways only VoxAtc? Why AS2012 did not stoped working? This is why i think that VoxAtc has a problem, not simconnect, not other addons.  

From my experience, Vox Atc has some problems with reading flightplans and maybe AI traffic conflicting situations too, which can lead to VoxAtc fatal error.

This is just my point of view

P.S. @@mercer77, i sent you a PM

We may be at cross purposes. I'm not saying the problem is caused by Simconnect but that it could be a consequence of having a large number a simultaneous connections to Simconnect on a systems that is being pushed to its limit. It could be checked by running VoxATC with no other Simconnect connections to see if the problem goes away or not.

That's ok, and allways can be checked that way - just to be sure

Interesting thanks

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART