Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

Carenado's v2.1 update for...

Mooney M20

PA32 Saratoga SP

Archer II

C152 II

is out, go and get them!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Mooney M20

PA32 Saratoga SP

Archer II

C152 II

is out, go and get them!

The planes you mention already had an v2.0 update. I wonder what exactly v2.1 changes/fixes.

In addition to that there is a XP10 Update for the C172N Skyhawk as well.

The planes you mention already had an v2.0 update. I wonder what exactly v2.1 changes/fixes.

In addition to that there is a XP10 Update for the C172N Skyhawk as well.

Here, this is for the Saratoga

May 2013

v2.1 list of changes:

-Updated SASL to official v2.0 release, which contains optimizations that will benefit from Laminar's X-Plane 10.30 release, hopefully squashing the memory allocation bug once and for all.

-No longer has inverted fuel and oil systems. More realistic.

-Tweaked trim tab external animation to look better in v10

-Optimized "options" menu, to use less memory and to remember settings for next time the plane is loaded.

-Optimized "Cameras" menu to use less memory

-Tweaked landing light to illuminate runway closer to the plane

-Tweaked turning radius on ground to compensate for new v10 no-toe-brake-with-rudder setting.

-Adjusted trim time from centre to max for v10, as this setting, left un-addressed, will cause the same plane to take twice as long to trim.

-tweaked gauges, such as fuel and oil pressure, vacuum, etc. to conform to v10's new way of calculating "Nominal pressure/temperature" as opposed to "Max pressure/temperature".

-Programmed default camera snap points for v10 (on top of existing ones via "Cameras" pop-up menu)

-improved sounds to make loops less noticeable

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

As well as the A36 Bonanza!

Yep, waiting for that one and the Caravan too!

Here, this is for the Saratoga

May 2013

v2.1 list of changes:

-Updated SASL to official v2.0 release, which contains optimizations that will benefit from Laminar's X-Plane 10.30 release, hopefully squashing the memory allocation bug once and for all.

I guess this update doesn't cover the Centurion just yet then...?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Updates follow "old to new" order. Centurion will be last in line though. But releases will probably speed up since newer models don't need as much work as older ones.

Flo

I guess this update doesn't cover the Centurion just yet then...?

The Centurion is already V10 64 bit compatible, hence, no need for an update.

I think there will be a SASL update for and a minor overhaul to the centurion as well.

Flo

I think there will be a SASL update for and a minor overhaul to the centurion as well.

Flo

I agree.It seems that thay had a memory leak in their camera and feature menus, that they finally fixed in the v2.1 versions and the Cessna 172 as well. I would think that this problem is present in ALL of their second Generation planes(Seneca II, Baron 58, C337) and later planes contain the same bug. SASL 2.0 itself isn't really new. It is simply the version that was needed for Mac Os X (it tells X-Plane 10.20 when SASL is loaded that it uses LUA, so X-Plane allocates memory segments in the lower 2 GBs of memory, long before the sceneries are fully loaded, and if LUA wants to allocate memory it gets in fact these reserved chunks). Since X-Plane 10.30 will use the same mechanism under Windows and Linux they obviously had to add this Header into the Windows and Linux versions ,too.

Where ? I went to my "My Account" @ Carenado.com and the updates & patches are not available for now.

:(

Well, x-plane.org already has the v2.1 updates and the Cessna 172 v2, and aerosoft offers the v2.1 vewrsions, too but haven't linked the Cessna 172 v2 yet.