Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

Carenado's v2.1 update for...

I'm wondering, do the FSX/FS9/P3D versions receive those fixes too, or just the X-Plane versions?

How could they? The flight models have nearly nothing to do with each other.  So there is nothing to port back.

:smile:

Thank you for this link: as a Carenado.com customer I can't use the X-Plane.org links for the updates, but I have read that I only need to download the plane again from the Carenado store. There's no patch file but the files for their planes are latest versions. A version number on their download page would have been helpful.

Saratoga01-th.jpg

Works great on my 64-bit GNU/Linux system. I only had to install the libsoil1 package. :dance:

Lucky you, in my case I have the Mooney purchased from Just Flight (all the others from Carenado) and JF takes a lot longer to update their files. I will have to send them again a mail and write a post on their forum in order to get my updated Mooney v2.1.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Alexander Colka

Lucky you, in my case I have the Mooney purchased from Just Flight (all the others from Carenado) and JF takes a lot longer to update their files. I will have to send them again a mail and write a post on their forum in order to get my updated Mooney v2.1.

Alex,

You're lucky, I got mine from PC Aviator. They updated to V2 last week :lol:. I'll be lucky to get the updates by July!

The Centurion is already V10 64 bit compatible, hence, no need for an update.

I'm having crashes with the Centurion in some areas which apparently an SASL update and / or XP 10.30 will sort out. Just logged into my Carenado account and no update for that. Is anyone else getting crashes with other Carenado planes?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

My Centurion CTD's, I'd say, 1 out of 5 or so flights; mostly when I fiddle with the Rendering Options it seems.  Bring on v10.3, I say! :)

I'm having crashes with the Centurion in some areas which apparently an SASL update and / or XP 10.30 will sort out. Just logged into my Carenado account and no update for that. Is anyone else getting crashes with other Carenado planes?

I assume you are flying V10 64 bit on a Windows machine. This is a known issue that is not an issue with Carenado's planes, but an issue that Laminar is working on.   For more information, start reading the thread below at post #30:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=65089&page=3

I assume you are flying V10 64 bit on a Windows machine. This is a known issue that is not an issue with Carenado's planes, but an issue that Laminar is working on.   For more information, start reading the thread below at post #30:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=65089&page=3

Thanks, yes I think someone else mentioned it's something that's in Laminar's court and they will sort it for 10.30. Just to clarify otherwise I'm very happy with the Centurion and I'm now mulling my next Carenado purchase.

If they could just get some rain effects for the windshield...

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

If they could just get some rain effects for the windshield...

Yes, they're really missing and I hoped they would make it into the updated versions.

Adds a lot to immersion IMHO.

But obviously they don't dare to touch this. Does anyone know why? I would expect it to be rather easy to do and they could use the effect for the entire fleet with only minor alignments.

Flo

How could they? The flight models have nearly nothing to do with each other.  So there is nothing to port back.

So the FSX/FS9/P3D versions don't have those bugs that were fixed in the X-Plane versions? OK, I thought that all versions shared the same bugs, and the improvements were added only to the X-Plane versions.

So the FSX/FS9/P3D versions don't have those bugs that were fixed in the X-Plane versions? OK, I thought that all versions shared the same bugs, and the improvements were added only to the X-Plane versions.

No, thery don't have the bugs and they do not have such things as HDR Lighting effects or 64 Bit compatibility either, which was the real reason for this upgrade.. These old planes would no longer be competitive otherwise

There is simply no way to directly "convert" an FSX plane to X-Plane or in the opposite direction. If a company tries this is in fact a reuse of old photos and other source materials. It isn't even possible to simply reuse the 3D model since the 3D model already determines some of the flight characteristics in X-Plane  Companies like PMDG might be able to reuse parts of their old libraries but that's it. The simpler LUA-JIT plug-ins in SASL or GIZMO are pure X-Plane 10 too, since the background has nothing un common with FSX.

It isn't even possible to convert airport enhancement in X-Plane 10 back too FSX since X-Plane can handle much more objects or light sources than FSX and with the 64 Bits they will start to increase the memory demand anyway. Airport conversions from FSX to X-Plane were a good stepping stone till now, but the advantage gets smaller and smaller simce there are so many additional things to do anyway as well as additional features like the HDR lighting which makes several faked effects useless.

I hope you'll soon get your updates. I took some screen shots today:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/410246-mooney-v21-by-carenado/

Yes thanks, I sent an email to JF support and they told me that they are updating the files to v2.1 (only the Mooney in my case) but still waiting. That's why I only buy now directly from Carenado.

Alexander Colka

I hope the F33 is next.

Carenado just released v2.0 for the F33. I was waiting for this one too.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo