Sign in to follow this  
Guest squale

Interesting finding after Patch 9.1 w/Active Camera & NO-CD

Guest Mike94

Hi,after installing the 9.1 patch, i found out that ActiveCamera does NOT work in combination with the No-CD *.exe !As soon as i use the original, updated FS9.exe (V9.1)and Disk4 inserted, Active Camera works as it should!Although i can access the ActiveCamera settings inside FS, it is simply not working (e.g. Zoom in/out in the VC etc..)(Active Camera V2.0 with FS9.1 patch applied).I didn't want to believe it, that the NOCD exe can cause problems, but it seems there is really a difference to the original FS9.exe now after the patch...Would be interesting to know if other ActiveCamera users can reproduce this failure too, or if its only me.Cheers,Michael

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

I hate to tell you Mike, but this thread is going to end up being locked or deleted. My quick answer is just use it the way it was meant to be used for now and wait for a newer (ahem) disk saver exe.Carmine http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/Images/wave.gif

Guest allcott

EITHER:1/ Use the no-cd with AC V2.0 without the 9.1 patch appliedor2/ Use the new FS9.exe with fully patched AC.Both work.Allcott

Guest Mike94

Carmine,i didn't want to promote the use of the no-cd 'patch', i just wanted to make clear that indeed there seems to be a difference in the unpatched and patched FS9.exe. This was discussed here a lot, if wether or not theres a difference. So, at least now we know now that there must be a difference, whatever it is. I can't tell, except for the 'problem' with ActiveCamera.Yes, i have my original Disk4 in the drive now, but i must say, that its not very convenient.... Cheers from germany,Michael

> but it seems there is really a difference to the> original FS9.exe now after the patch...Of course there's a difference! The update modifies the original fs9.exe to change the memory offsets used for internal control pointer variables.If you add or change the text in a book's Chapters, would that affect the "Table of Contents" or the "Index?" Of course! :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest gasebah

The problem I found is that the latest version of AC is no longer compatible with TrackIR while the old version is not compatible with FS9.1. Frankly I find that a little unthoughtful as it is very clear that a lot of people use both. This means bye bye to AC for me as TrackIR is clearly more important to me. Alex

Hi Michael.Could you email me? I may have a solution to the NoCd/updated AC failure... but we cannot discuss this at AVSIM. :(Dick

Guest gasebah

Could there also be a fix that allows me to use the old version of AC (1.1) with the new 9.1 exe?Alex

Guest Anticyclone

Alex,just out of curiosity, I would like to learn from you what is not compatible with TIR. Head latency effect ? Set the effect to zero.Or anything else ?I have used TIR 2 in combination with AC.

Guest gasebah

I get like a periodic trembling effect even if head latency is set to off. I use TrackIR 1. When I revert to 1.1 and the 9.0 exe the effect is gone.Alex

Guest squale

Why do people even use ActiveCamera with TrackIR ? it would seem to me that TrackIR does everything ActiveCamera does plus more..

Guest gasebah

Well,No1 I solved the problem. No2 Active Camera can do more than TrackIR. For one thing there are the padlocks for AI Traffic and Scenery. Also I disable TrackIR on longer flights because I do not want to keep my head steady all the time. And also the mouse panning canbe more convinient especially when you are using more than one monitor.. So at times when I actively steer the aircraft I use TrackIR else ActiveCamera.Alex

Guest squale

what are Padlocks for AI Traffic and Scenery?

-The *new* AC will not work witth FS9.0. This is because it directly accesses memory locations that were changed in the updated FS9.exe.-By using the *old* NOCD patch, you're essentially downgrading your FS9 to version 9.0. Several bgl's, dll's etc. are still the latest version, but you're now using the old 9.0 executable. This is why the new AC will not work with the NOCD patch.-There *IS* a new 9.1 NOCD patch - I've tried it and it works with AC and it is the 9.1 .exe, minus CD verification. Obviously I can't tell you where to download it (use Google).-You should only use the NOCD patch if you own the original game. Please support Microsoft - I know it's "wrong" and we'd all rather use Linux ( j/k ;) ) but it's the only way to keep FS alive. If you want a free flightsim, get Flightgear.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP