Sign in to follow this  

Here are my youtube videos for painting.  It is for the LDS-767 but it can apply to most paint kits these days.  I will be doing more in the near future if you like them please let me know and subscribe.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjCKpWraU8bJEbTGRm9SjWIV9sGCJibvM

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I really like it.

BUT I like it because I know what`s all about.

Someone who is starting painting aircraft needs to know how things work.
Someone who is starting painting needs to know what kind of program he needs and how to work with it.

In other words, showing other people how to play the piano simply by hitting keys and saying "look we hear a C-flat now" does not work.

NO,NO we have to start with Do Re Mi etc.
Explain how a piano works.

Slowly , I emphasize on slowly, step by step.

Your tutorials , viewed by experienced painters , they get applauded.
Your tutorials, viewed by  "people who want to start painting", are just confusing.

Your explanations are OK , they are , however not helpfull for real starters in paint-bizz.

Maybe I am totally wrong here , I really hope I am.
Explaining  sim-painting to others is FAR more complicated than sim-painting itself.

Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Very true...I was thinking of explaining how to use the tools in th epainting program.  Just was afraid I woul dhave someone come behind me and say "thats a horrible way to do that"  lol.

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I personally have never painted a plane myself and found them very helpful. Although I wish the plane I was painting was as easy as the PMDG models. I am painting the FeelThere ERJ145 and the paint kit not that good for the beginner. I have to admit I have the tutorials going on my laptop while I am painting on my desktop, and have to go back over and over them. The layers are not named as they are almost all numbers.

Thanks

Mark Newby

The layers are not named as they are almost all numbers.

Rename them to your pleasure.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I am sort of new to painting and have used your videos, Gary, to figure out some details of painting.  My biggest issue with painting now is some older paintkits that do not have a lot of extras minus the typical layered items.  For example the Project Airbus and iFly 737 paint kits have a lot of nice features which include detailed windows and good dirt type effects, etc.  Whereas a lot of paints I am working on right now are for the Posky 777 that has generic boring windows and some level of detail with the rivets, etc but it is very plain.  I have tried many techniques to add color and things like glossy-ness and different finishing and shading techniques but I am having a hard time figuring out how to do it and it just doesn't look right.  Luckily I can use the pen tool and create nice lines, etc.  However I have numerous paints I want to release but want to add more detail.  I am also wanting to learn how to do different types of metal, etc.  Having a good video that showed how to do a good plane on the Posky 777 paintkit for example and do custom windows, metal and finishing, etc would be really good to have.   But again I do enjoy having your videos to revert to, big help.

Andrew