Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VeryBumpy

Captain Sim, which is their most feature rich plane?

Pretty much see topic.

Which of their offerings has the most bells, whistles and extras to tinker with?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No one owns a few of CS stuff, eh?

727 or 737 is what I would guess to be the answer from screenshots and videos but not sure if one stands out above the other.

Well I think their 707 is their best work, its flight dynamics somehow seem more life like than with 727 & 737 for example and I haven't had too many problems with it...

Their B707 is not bad if you like pushing buttons. The CB's on it work and a fully working Engineers station in VC and 2D, their C-130 and B-52 aren't bad Either...the 737 is pretty good, but as with everything CS it still comes across as a WIP especially the night lighting on the flight deck. overall not bad lighting wise but room for improvement and I think the MilViz version, when it is released will eclipse it for sure. The CS 7oh's night lighting however is very Good.

The official CS forum had a thread running where 'hardcore' CS simmers would rank their different aircraft - may be of some interest.

I only own their C-130 and their WIP 777 - easy to say that the "manual" C-130 with a 3-person flightdeck has more knobs and switches to operate.

If by features you mean animations and eye candy, yeah CS is full of that.

However if you meant high fidelity and in depth systems...well good luck with that.

If by features you mean animations and eye candy, yeah CS is full of that.

However if you meant high fidelity and in depth systems...well good luck with that.

Yes, CS with its high production value is what I'm after. Just trying to figure out which of their planes is 'most full of that'.  I don't want another serious airliner at the moment aka PMDG.

Found the ranking thread for any interested, thanks olli4740. Interesting in that the ranking is all over the place and not all that helpful, heh.

http://captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1367199240

their 767 version 1.5 is pretty good and looks amazing inside/out

For me the 707 is their best aircraft. Although they're all buggy and CS needs to get things sorted or go bust.

Keeping in line with the tons of exact topics as this one, and my pledge to protect fellow flight simulator enthusiasts, I'll ask one question and make just one short comment.

1. Is this simply an attempt to keep Captain Slim in the recent forum topics?  Being that the OP has been around a while, I SERIOUSLY question that.

2. My opinion: do business with Captain Slim at your own risk. See the MANY comments about this in all too MANY threads here on AVSIM.

Okay, one last one.

There are too few aircraft developers of FSX, so I wouldn't want to see any credible company stop producing aircraft for the hobby I enjoy so much. But in the case of Captain Slim, well, my opinion is that we'd all be better if they closed up shop.

There's a big fat "I told you so" if you purchase their products and are disappointed.

Keeping in line with the tons of exact topics as this one, and my pledge to protect fellow flight simulator enthusiasts, I'll ask one question and make just one short comment.

1. Is this simply an attempt to keep Captain Slim in the recent forum topics?  Being that the OP has been around a while, I SERIOUSLY question that.

2. My opinion: do business with Captain Slim at your own risk. See the MANY comments about this in all too MANY threads here on AVSIM.

Okay, one last one.

There are too few aircraft developers of FSX, so I wouldn't want to see any credible company stop producing aircraft for the hobby I enjoy so much. But in the case of Captain Slim, well, my opinion is that we'd all be better if they closed up shop.

There's a big fat "I told you so" if you purchase their products and are disappointed.

DaveCT, I am aware that CS never seems to totally rid the glitches from their planes with proper patches but with some user mods and CS's updates, sounds like they turn out pretty decent for the non-extreme simmer.

I must say the 737 demo is pretty much the worst demo ever. Suppose I should be happy, least there IS a demo.

Free Demo limitations:

• Most animations are INOP

• Animations control panel is INOP

• No Stewardess model (various airline uniforms)

• Sound - alias to default FSX sound only

• Interior (VC) - alias to default Boeing 737 only

• 2D panels - alias to default Boeing 737 only

I must say the 737 demo is pretty much the worst demo ever. Suppose I should be happy, least there IS a demo

Captain Sim demos generally aren't very good at all. They pretty much just consist of a static model and flightdeck in which you can't actually DO anything in. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind CS, and I sometimes enjoy a flight in the 757, which has never failed me (collective forum-wide GASP), but I think the way they go by demos is just ridiculous. Give us something JustFlight-like, I'm buying your product for some systems depth, not just a nice looking VC.

Yes, CS with its high production value is what I'm after. Just trying to figure out which of their planes is 'most full of that'.  I don't want another serious airliner at the moment aka PMDG.

Found the ranking thread for any interested, thanks olli4740. Interesting in that the ranking is all over the place and not all that helpful, heh.

http://captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1367199240

It helps as the CS 777 is consistently put into lower ranks - even from a CS "standard" point of view.   :P

I 2nd that (from hearsay). I heard some trustworthy and knowledgeable simmers say the same.

Is v1.5 worth getting as it is now? Are there many obvious bugs left yet?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Just a heads up for people...it appears that even 3+ years after release, the boxed version of Captain 727 still does not have a file available to patch it to the latest 2.4 version.  And CS on their site states they will not be supporting boxed versions. That is pathetic.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The UNOFFICIAL Captain Sim Support Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

There's a reason for it (bottom of page): http://www.captainsim.com/company/about.html

I would have to do a search on AVSIM myself to answer your question ... ^_^

I can't find any detailed comments about v1.5 beyond usual pecking about how CS was bad here and there.

Thanks,

Dirk.