Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Free weather maker

Guys this is an amazing program and its free if you haven't tried it you have to, easy to use and you can make endless amounts of your own weather themes - it will create the 3 weather files inside its own main folder and you just cut them out and place them into your main fsx/weather folder done that's it - the name you give the files will appear in your theme menu in fsx check it out, I have uploaded the 3 weather files from these screenshots enjoy

program here: http://www.g-daehling.de/fs2004/modules.php?name=Content&pid=9

My test files: http://www.filefactory.com/file/6erxuo4icqah/n/Weather_maker_test.zip

i2rq5h.jpg

6dwdib.jpg

Rich Sennett

Hah! That was neat, thanks Richard, great find!

23.png

Very annoying... my antivirus program (Kaspersky) didn't let your test files be downloaded from Filefactory. To add insult to injury, Filefactory loaded additional software on my PC (Optimizer Pro) and changed my IE homepage.

:angry:

Welcome Morten - Bill send me a pm I will get them to you  -    it loaded something never saw that you must have hit the wrong download button.   Just hit the big red slow download button does not install anything.

Rich Sennett

Wow very nice Rich.  Great find.

\Robert Hamlich/

Welcome Rob enjoy beats chasing weather just make your own   :good:

Rich Sennett

Welcome Morten - Bill send me a pm I will get them to you  -    it loaded something never saw that you must have hit the wrong download button.   Just hit the big red slow download button does not install anything.

Sent you a PM.

I'm pretty sure I hit the big red button. The file that was downloaded is titled, "Weather maker test.zip.exe" and its description is "Installer for StarApp".

...and its description is "Installer for StarApp".

I'd recommend a scan with either/or both Malwarebytes and Spybot Search and Destroy. Just to make sure the nasty little thing doesn't hang around your computer.

I have used this program for quite a while and it's great. Just sometimes there is too much variation in the weather. That is determined by the bitmaps in the program folder. I have created some more "quiet" replacements:

http://trythisathome.funpic.de/temp/WeatherEngineBMPs.zip

Backup the original ones first.

I also recommend Gunnar Daehlings "AI Traffic Enhancer X" - it's under the same link as in post #1.