Sign in to follow this  
Kaboki

Aerosofts Us Cities Scenery

I forgot to mention that

I forgot to mention one, too: Cleveland. Not much to report, though. I like Las Vegas and Buffalo better, although performance isn't as bad as in LA.

Why add that, haven't flown so much in vegas yet but as far as I could see a photoreal McCarran was already included in the package?

I like it better than the still default-looking airport that comes with Las Vegas. There seems an elevation issue, though.

However, I'd recommend you to take a look at the demo version, IMO it's a great addition!

I like it better than the still default-looking airport that comes with Las Vegas. There seems an elevation issue, though.

However, I'd recommend you to take a look at the demo version, IMO it's a great addition!

I might try that and see if I can still have the good performance. Yeah and Cleveland I also forgot to mention. Got that too and the performance was slightly worse than Chicago but acceptable:)

Yeah Aersoft Chicago is good. But their LAs vegas is bad. A better Las Vegas is Megascenery city Las Vegas.. the building in that far superior to that washed up Aerosoft Buildings and and washed up photo textures.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Nice images.  I'll try to get some in-flight shots later, but here's on the ground from the GA hangars on the west side of KLAS.  The default Strip buildings are really quite good.

vegas-hangars.jpg

Scott

But their LAs vegas is bad. A better Las Vegas is Megascenery city Las Vegas.. the building in that far superior to that washed up Aerosoft Buildings and and washed up photo textures.

Bad was a hard statement I am wery happy with how it looks, but youre saying it can be better? How is the performance on Megascenery Las Vegas compared to Aerosofts Vegas?

And Scott, could you take a similar shoot of the strip as I did, and are there animations in default scenery?

Edit nevermind here is a shoot from the exact same location as my pics above with default scenery:

and here is Us cities vegas:

Allthough the default isn't all that bad, I think we can all see the much more detailed strip in this scenery..and the cool animations isn't there either in default and most of the famous buldings are not reperesented in default.

Could some one post a shoot maybe of Megascenery Las Vegas, I always looking to improve things and if that scenery looks better and doesn't impact performance more than with Aerosofts ill buy it in a hartbeat..

I'll try to get something up before the end of the day.

MegasceneryX Las Vegas is photoscenery with autogen.  Performance is generally quite good and certainly no worse than default scenery.  The biggest drawback to it is that none of the outlying airports have anything added beyond defaults.

Not surprisingly, FSDT KLAS is about the only piece I'm using in the Las Vegas area that hits frames a bit, and even that's typically not too bad.

Scott

MegasceneryX Las Vegas is photoscenery with autogen.

Aerosofts vegas is also photoscenery BTW. But I started this thread because the huge difference in performance when comparing photoscenerys/cityscapes performance, Chicago and LA and other city scenerys so It could happen that Megascenery is more demanding than this one or it could also turn out to be the be the opposite:) e.g If Megascenery Vegas is as bad performance wise as Aerosofts LA then I would never buy it,,,

Megasceneries performance are usually better than default scenery performance.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

It was so bad I created a support ticket at Aerosoft saying that that I was not able to see their bulldings and all I am seeing are some default buildings. LOL :)

Ia am not kidding.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/55956-us-city-las-vegas-duplicate-buildings/

Aerosofts

quote:

"This is correct and has been discussed in various posts in the past. The US Cities series is kind of a "budget" addon. The price didn't allow to use individuall/phtorealistic textures for the huge amount of handplaced 3d-Objects.

If you search the forum you find some more explanations."             

Hmm I see, but cant say that all buldings look default with crappy textures, I think most of them looks quite nice and compared to the screenshot of the default I see a huge improvement on most of the buildings+ it has them correctly placed on the phototextures. But I understand now where the great performance comes from...I'd like to add that there an option when installing how much custom autogen to use or choosing to use more normal autogen to improve performance. I chose to get more performance but I still tjink it looks great. But ill look into Megascenery and if not to much performance impact compared to this and if it looks better i'll switch. thanks for the info.

Aerosofts vegas is also photoscenery BTW.

Yep, I understand.  But like LA, its coverage is a bit different, using more of a spot area approach around points of interest, with those points of interest enhanced with scenery objects.  MegasceneryX Las Vegas covers the valley and surrounding mountains, but does not change the default scenery objects like the Acceleration Strip buildings, which is exactly what Cities X products highlight doing.  In LA, these two products (CitiesX and MSX SoCal) blend nicely rather than directly compete, but see above postings for my concerns about the same arrangement in LV.

I don't remember exactly where MSX Las Vegas ends, as I use Blue Sky tiles around it and they blend pretty much seamlessly, but it does cover a fair continuous area.

Scott

Hmm watching screenshots of Megascenery I see they only have autogen in downtown las vegas but a lot of photoscenery coverage outside of downtown, there isn't any autogen am I correct? Im more into landclass where there isn't photoscenery with dense autogen cover(hate flat photoscenry without autogen) and im looking into fitting this into FTX GLobal. And the phototextures doesn't look that much better and not the buildings either.. and it looks very sparse and flat just outside downtown  where aerosofts photextures also expand but they have put autogen all over the photextures making it look way better..I don't see why this is so much better unless one likes flat photoscenery and a larger photoreal coverage without autogen?..

different strokes I guess but I can't see megascenery fit into my simming and how I would like to have FSX look.

Link to the screenshots im looking at:

http://www.megascenery.com/MegaSceneryXLasVegas.htm

Compare those shoots with mine over downtown Las Vegas and youll see what I mean, Megascenry downtown looks very sparse and emty compared to Aerosofts Vegas. Lacks a lot of autogen and I guess the cool animations e.g the big water fountain bursting out water also isn't covered by Megascenery?

Here only the San Fransisco is unusable due to fps hit, all other perform ok. They add tremendously to the immersion and when bought together you can lower the price a lot.

Here only the San Fransisco is unusable due to fps hit, all other perform ok. They add tremendously to the immersion and when bought together you can lower the price a lot.

Weird how these scenerys seem to have different impact on different systems. So you're running LA just fine?