Sign in to follow this  
sp85

[FSX] Airbus Test Cases video series

Hi all, I decided to check a bit more in depth of how producers (currently Black Box Simulation and Aerosoft) implemented various systems. I decided that I should test the fly-by-wire first (cos everybody talking fly-by-wire when coming to Airbus A320). My finding is correct at the stated version of each products.

My overall "feel" of BBS 0.75 and AXE SP1 (I havent applied the hotfixes though) fly-by-wire: both overall good: BBS flight envelop protection is still a WIP (but some already implemented), the roll rate is a bit slow (but they are tuning it for the flight dynamic hotfix at the time of this post), but highlight is the auto-trim is working great; AXE has good flight envelop protection, roll rate a bit closer to the 15/degs, but the auto-trim is not good honestly. Both fly-by-wire implementation are generally good anyway, but my personal preference goes to BBS (especially for its precision in auto-trim).

Comments are welcome, as I really want to understand more in depth the airbus, and enjoy both products more through that :). Cheers.

TEST CASE: Auto-trim 

During turn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE2OGuocATc

Level flight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiQAlNby3Zg

TEST CASE: Constant roll rate independent of airspeed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WebeH3PI_RM

More to come :)...

I am not real pilot. Simply I read up some FCOM, doing some google, asking around. That is why I say comments are welcome.

And just in case, I am not starting a ###### wars here, so if any ###### want to take over my post, save it... :D. I just want to see if my understanding is correct or not..

Oh, and one more purpose is, the developer can improve their products further (if my findings turn out right) :). I support both developers, as I see them both capable, honest and very customer-oriented :).

I think it's a great idea to compare yourself and post your findings here for discussion. Risk of discussion heating up, as usually - but that's the risk we all have to take, when opening new topics.

Hope this one will run fine.

Patrick np. Re auto trim, my understanding is in normal law stick neutral the bus maintains its current flight path. So for example if it s level off at a x altitude changing speed or config should not lead to change in altitude. Thats also my first 2 videos here. If i am wrong, hsppy to learn why...

Olli4740, indeed, i really love we can have lots of detailed discussion on airbus in rw as well as in sim...