Sign in to follow this  
oqvist

Frame artes 132 + everythign maxed out. can I expect more?

Guest psouthan

Hi,I am wondering...I am getting frame rates of 132 with everything maxed to the limit. I have an ATI X800XT video card with 2 GB cosair ram and a 3.4GHZ P4 . Is there any side effects to running the video card so fast? Moreover, what is the limits I can expect. Any ideas?It is smoothe as a babies bum with all PMDG models and Activesky fully functioning.

Guest SoarPics

Hmmm... there are plenty of folks that would like to see that!! Could you post a screenshot (with frame counter) flying over a busy airport?I wouldn't worry about those FPS damaging your card. It will only move data as fast as it can (and it seems to be moving it very fast!!).Cheers,Greg

Guest danowat

Yeah, would love to see some shots myself.Go to KJFK with the PMDG 737, 100% AI, heavy weather, and all sliders maxed ;)Dan.

Guest psouthan

Hi Greg, Going out of my tree here trying to reduce the JPG to 125< KBs so that i can upload it, any ideas?

Guest SoarPics

Any image editing app should do the trick (even MSPaint, I think. Although I use Photoshop).Good luck,Greg

When you consider that the actual limitation is fixed by the refresh rate of your video monitor (typically 85 Hz or so), there's little point in devoting CPU resources to any frame rate higher than that... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yea, I too can easily get FPS over 100 with everything maxed... when I am up in the air at 37,000 looking at clear blue sky! ;)

You clearly need to get tweaking. With all sliders maxed and that particular combination you should be getting at least 275 FPS. Looking forward to that screenshot over JFK if you can catch your computer before it runs out of the room!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Dakota

You say you are getting that now. Just wait till FS2006 comes out, then you will be back to 32 FPS again with everything maxed. :( Course, I don't really know that, I am just jealous.

Hello Everyone,You not going to see a screen shot, because it does not exsist. My system specs are listed below, I do see 100+ in clear weather, looking up at the aircraft at 31000 feet. At an airport with UT it will drop to 30, at a simflyers airport it will drop even lower.I have a Pentium IV 3.4 processor with L1 L2 and L3 cacheI paid about $1,100.00 just for the chip.Factory overclocked 6800 Ultra Extreme video boardI paid close to $900.00 just for the board.I have Windows XP Pro installed and this system only has FS9 installed, it is dedicated to flight sim, nothing else is installed or runs on this system.He is dreaming about 132+ all sliders maxed, I dropped my setting to 800x600x16 and was unable to reach 50+ at KSEA with the default aircraft.I really don't think his system's hardware is better than mine, so as for the 132+, NO WAY!!!

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Mike quite good setup but really you need to replace the mainboard and 6800 ULTRA EXTREME and get the PCI E version and run in SLI then you may get those frame rates :D.Though I would love to see the Alienware with two X800 video cards that is what I am feeling will be the real king of the hill. Will also bring PSU requirements and cooling down a great deal :).Nah seriously what cooling do you got? You may want to invest in a Vapochill LS and see your CPU go past 4,5 gig that would be something ;) I guess it

You know, I got 133+ FPS last night with all sliders maxxed. It was spectacular and beautiful up until the point that the alarm clock woke me up! :-lolEven with my rig I'm bogging through any crowded airport in a dense scenery area, e.g. Simflyers KEWR, with every gate filled with AI traffic I get excited with my steady 14fps.If the originator needs help with a screenie, he can send it to me regardless of the size and I will reduce it and post it here. michael@toussaintonline.netTake care,Mike T.