Sign in to follow this  
oqvist

Frame artes 132 + everythign maxed out. can I expect more?

Another one that needs phase change ;)Really come on guys you spend top dollars for the worst out there and then don

Guest psouthan

Thank for your reply John. I am sure you are right! I was interested in particular to read your post because you mention the word 'jealous' and something dawned on me...that evidently you are not the only one.I am disheartened to have read other posts. My post was a genuine comment from a relative novice, seeking to ask a general question about frames rates. Suddnely, and unexpectedly,I seem to have unleashed something, not from youI might add! Anyway, suffice to say thank you for drawing my attention to it. I shall be more selective with my postings in future and try to avoid the unsavory bitter ones.I will get a picture posted. i have just been going nuts trying to reduce the byte size in order for to upload one...I have almost given up. If you know where in Microsoft photo Editor I can adjust it i will be happy to post a shot for you. failing that i will be more than happy to email one to you.In fact, based on some comments here I would prefer to do that. i am not into playing games and hving to prove myself.RegardsPaul

Not even close my friend. :-)The FX-53 comes standard at 2.4Ghz which is as fast asthe AMD 64 3800+. With my Waterchill cooling on the CPU, Northbridge and Radeon 9800 (read my specs down below) I have it cranked up to 2.8Ghz which leaves the 3800+ behind and is faster than the Intel 4Ghz Extreme models.With a Vapochill (assuming phase-cooling here?), I would imagine that you can go higher than you are.All the best,Mike T.

Okay so we are at the same level since mine are faster than the 3800+ if you take into consideration the FSB I run my mem at and that I have 1 mb cache. But then I probably payed less for vappo and CPU then you for your FX 53 lol. True you are some percent faster anyway because it

Guest hoghead

If the poster will simply (prima facie) post a screen shot of his Frame Rate counter and it registers 133+ at KLAX I'll send you a check for $6,000,000. That's how believable I think your assertion is. John Franklin

What you should do if you have framerates over your refresh rate is enabling vsync so that don

Guest psouthan

Gee...I am astonished! I merely asked for some comments about what you can expect from a video card, not insults! Do you think you can grow up a bit? I made no claims to be able to run my card over KLAX or KJKF or whatever at this spec or that spec...and thank you for the offer of $6000,0000 xxxx but no thanks.Ridiculous. Please if you want to pursue this futher do it privately and not waste anymore space on it.psouthan@hotmail.comPaulIssue closed

Guest JoeW

Hmmmmmmm Side effects?...... I think it will warp the computer case and melt the back off the moniter. Running it that fast also will wear out the software faster... More friction.Joe W.