I would recommend the biggest TV you can get. I use a 42" and its great for long flights while sitting on the lazy boy couch with a glass of rum - as real as it gets lol :P   ! 

Though to be honest for Short hops I dont mind the laptop at all though (15") with a 17" connected for maps. 

DO NOT USE TV'S AS MONITORS. They're horrible for computers.

DO NOT USE TV'S AS MONITORS. They're horrible for computers.

I would say, do not use a cheap TV. I switched from a monitor to a TV and can't say Im disappointed. Now I'm enjoying a larger screen with just as good quality as my old monitor for a decent price, I don't even think you can get 42" monitors or atleast they would cost a year salary. One important thing, is to use the Computer settings in your TV's settings if the TV has that option(atleast Phillips has this option). When I first hooked up the TV it looked like crap, until I just changed to the computer setting, and voila!...

The only regret I have is that I didn't get a bigger one:)

I would recommend the biggest TV you can get. I use a 42" and its great for long flights while sitting on the lazy boy couch with a glass of rum - as real as it gets lol :P   ! 

Though to be honest for Short hops I dont mind the laptop at all though (15") with a 17" connected for maps. 

I agree.  I purchased a Volair Sim Cockpit, after seeing the add here on Avsim, and mounted a single 52" plasma screen monitor on it.  I love it :wub: . It's flightsim heaven.   It is a very sturdy unit. It's super comfortable (I've even fallen asleep on it), all of my Saitek hardware is perfectly mounted along with a keyboard and mouse and I can even use it to watch movies and cockpit videos, when I'm not flight simming (or at the same time, just alt/tab). 

The Volair Sim Cockpit was not really intended to hold a single 52" plasma screen monitor, but it does it so well.

The picture shows the Q400 in XPX64.  They were so kind at Volair, that when I told them that I lost my screws for the yoke, and couldn't get an answer from Saitek on how to get some more, they sent me the screws that I needed.  Here shows the yoke clamped before I screwed it onto the table.  Now that it is screwed in, I can swing my keyboard under the yoke.

Now, all of my Saitek panels are working correctly in X-Plane with a plug-in.  I didn't have them working here, in this picture, yet.

Also you can see my little TrackIR camera mounted above the "Multi-Panel", since it would be too high to mount it on the monitor.

I put the pillow behind my head, when I go to sleep  ^_^

robert-50-inch-tv.jpg?w=584&h=438

I agree. I purchased a Volair Sim Cockpit

Cool setup, how much did the Volair cost, you have tempted me into buying it after you posted that screenshoot :rolleyes:

Cool setup, how much did the Volair cost, you have tempted me into buying it after you posted that screenshoot :rolleyes:

With shipping, it was around $750 or so. Compared to other similar units, it is so much better designed and it is very easy to assemble.  I really took my time and made sure I was doing everything right and it took about four hours.  I hate putting something together quickly then finding out you have to take it all back apart to put a piece on that was missed.

It is a very sturdy and well thought out unit.  Everything is adjustable. I consider it, by far, one of the best things that I have purchased for this hobby.

The Volair is really made to accommodate three large monitors, but I just wanted one really big one and was surprised how easily it mounted.

Thanks for your insight, $750 isn't that bad I was expecting more. I think I have to get this one, that chair looked very comfortable  B) , hope they ship it world wide..